DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs100-cinealta/)
-   -   Advice about selling my fs100 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs100-cinealta/516420-advice-about-selling-my-fs100.html)

Jeff Troiano May 9th, 2013 09:01 AM

Advice about selling my fs100

Hey all, been a while since I've been around.

Since I bought my FS100, my interests have focused on learning 3D animation. Because of that, my camera has kind of found its way into the gear room collecting dust. I bought my FS100, and fmu128 , from B&H back in November 2011. I don't think the camera has had 3 hours of use on it. I did not get the kit lens.

I see that B&H is selling these new for $3999, and fmu for $639. I'm wanting to list my camera for sale, and was wondering what might be an acceptable price to offer it at? I was thinking $3700 with fmu, and Metabones version 1 adter, for EOS lens. I have all the cables, charger, and manual, that came with the camera, I just don't have the original box.

Also, and advice on a good place to list for sale?

Edit, just remembered I will include the Berkey Systems top plate,and handle. Thinking $4000 for complete kit.
Thank you for the help.

Brian Farmer May 9th, 2013 10:28 AM

Re: Advice about selling my fs100

I just bought a used FS100 with 10 hrs on it with original box and everything that comes with the camera...plus they threw in a NP-f970 battery. Cost $3,400.00. Good luck!

Bill Pryor May 17th, 2013 11:53 AM

With the FMU and Metabones you've got $1,000 worth of things you're including. A new one is $4K now, so if I were you I'd ask that with the goodies. Or just sell the body for $3500 if they didn't want the other items. You can probably sell them elsewhere. If I could get the FMU cheap I might be interested in it.

Nate Haustein May 17th, 2013 01:02 PM

Definitely separate it all. I never feel that people looking for a camera are also looking for "bundled" items. If they are, you can decide which bits and pieces you'll include and at what cost. Most of us have their own plans about what pieces make up the most effective kit. And people just looking for "a camera" probably don't know the value of the extras anyways. Post it separate here and wherever else you frequent, and after that, to eBay to find the audience that is actually looking for that specific specialized part you're selling.

Lico Francisco May 17th, 2013 09:59 PM

Well Guys

i am the lucky buyer. I am a happy camper. I am testing my camera with the canon lens i have. now it is time to buy some sony lens. any lens do you guys recommend for sony. so far i will be recording church events and some wedding later on. First i had some last minute remorse but now i am over it.

Also he is the best seller i have buy stuff from. First i did had doubts but i was confident to make a deal with him. I will recommend him whenever i see him selling stuff here in this forum.

John Vincent May 23rd, 2013 07:50 PM

Good to hear! And positive waves all the way around - good luck with it.