DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs700-cinealta/)
-   -   A place to store FS700 information (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs700-cinealta/509118-place-store-fs700-information.html)

Bill Kerrigan July 8th, 2012 11:40 AM

A place to store FS700 information

For years I've been asked to shoot with a broad range of cameras.
In the past, I've owned a few and rented the rest.

But in the last few years, the requests have become extreme… a SLR one day and a Red the next.
Rental costs were eating into my profits, until I bought a PIX 240 for my EX3 and FS100.
(The FS700 will replace the FS100 next week.)
I've been able to convince 90% of my clients to use this combo.

Next week I need to convince a new client… and it's proving to be a difficult sell.
Partly because they are still using tape and partly because they're not very technical.

So today, I published a website, which I hope will help producers understand the mix of cameras and recorders…

I also decided it would be a good place to store all the FS700 research which is clogging my desktop.
I've just upload a few site... but I plan add more info this week.

I don't know if this will be helpful for others... feedback would be appreciated.

Please click here: Home

Bill Kerrigan
bill@kerrigan.ca

Olof Ekbergh July 8th, 2012 01:36 PM

Re: A place to store FS700 information

1 Attachment(s)
Nice job Bill.

I shoot with EX3's and EX1R as well as 5DmkI, 7D and I recently sold my AF100 (I was pretty disappointed in the Pany, though I got some very nice footage from it).

I now have a 700 that should be here next week, I think this will be one of the great Sony cams of all time like the EX series.

I will keep an eye on your site. I bet a lot of the info you need on the 700 will be right here on DVinfo, but it is nice to see a dedicated site as well.

I am sure there will be threads here with lots of info and debate. I am looking forward to figuring out how to match the 700 with the EXcams, as well as how to get the most out of the cam. And I plan to build a custom rigs for the 700 like I have for the EXcams and the AF100. I already have shooters calling me asking about rigs for it, and wooden handles as well.

Here is a photo of an AF100 in ENG rig:

Daniel Weber July 8th, 2012 02:50 PM

Nice job. Is there any way you could put up the FS700 user manual? I have been looking for one online since my camera is on order and won't be here for another week or so.

Thanks,

Daniel Weber

Bill Kerrigan July 8th, 2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olof Ekbergh (Post 1742257)

I am sure there will be threads here with lots of info and debate. I am looking forward to figuring out how to match the 700 with the EXcams, as well as how to get the most out of the cam. And I plan to build a custom rigs for the 700 like I have for the EXcams and the AF100. I already have shooters calling me asking about rigs for it, and wooden handles as well.

Here is a photo of an AF100 in ENG rig:

Olof, I don't know if you remember me...
We spoke a few years ago by phone... and you kindly invited me to drop in, if we ever drove down to New Hampshire.

The site is just a database...
I did the same thing, a few years ago when I first bought an EX1.

If you remember, there was resistance from some to support EX... in the beginning.
I posted links to sites which explained XDCAM EX.
I think the organization of info helped convince most of my clients.

Bill Kerrigan July 8th, 2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Weber (Post 1742267)
Nice job. Is there any way you could put up the FS700 user manual? I have been looking for one online since my camera is on order and won't be here for another week or so.

Thanks,

Daniel Weber

Daniel, I've been looking for the pdf manual myself.
I called my Sony dealer last week... he told me it wasn't released yet.

Morton Molyneux July 8th, 2012 08:36 PM

Nice job Bill, I think it will be another great resource for the FS700.
cheers
Morton

Olof Ekbergh July 8th, 2012 08:50 PM

FS700 Manual:

http://www.sergecinema.com/temp/SonyFS-700Manual.pdf

Bill I do remember talking to you, the offer is still good.

Maybe you can download the manual from the link and post it on your site.