DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-trv950-pdx10-companion/)
-   -   can't export to PDX10 from Premiere 6.5! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-trv950-pdx10-companion/29966-cant-export-pdx10-premiere-6-5-a.html)

Ronald Lee August 2nd, 2004 02:15 PM

can't export to PDX10 from Premiere 6.5!

Does anyone else have this problem?

I am supposed to be able to export edited videos from my Sony Viao laptap into my Sony PDX10. This can be done through Premiere 6.5 or through Sony DV GateMotion (this came with the computer).

Well I edit the clip in Premiere and when I am done, regardless of whether it's 4:3 or 16:9, it will not import into DV GateMotion. Perhaps there is some special setting/treatment I can do in Premiere to get DV Gate to accept the Premiere rendered file? Anyone know?

Anyhow, I am able to get clips to sorta "print to tape" or "export to video" or even play off the timeline and record on the camera. HOWEVER, the image will break up, VERY badly, like totally blank out, sound cuts in and out, a lot of bad stuff. Basically it will start for about 10 secs then the rest will be screwed up.

Does anyone have experience with this and have any solutions? Perhaps Sony Vegas will export properly?

Thanks

Chris Long August 5th, 2004 09:39 AM

Hi Ronald
I have no idea whether this will have any bearing on your problem, but I know how frustrating this can be (it's happened to me a bit, usually when i'm under a deadline)

But heres what I know--hope it helps: I could not consistently, or for any length of time, export to my PDX-10 (or any camera, for that matter) when using Premiere 6 unless I pre-striped the tape with timecode. I'd just run the tape through the camera on record, shooting nothing in particular. My old version of Premiere simply didn't know what to do without the timecode to lock onto, so it failed, every time. A real hassle.

I don't know if this is a problem in 6.5 or not.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Sean McHenry August 10th, 2004 12:48 PM

Dog gone it. I knew I should have written it down but this happened to me a while back. I believe what I did was copy the .inf files from my laptop, a Sony VAIO editor, back to my homebuilt PC with Win XP Pro, to the C:\Windows\system32\inf folder. One of the many editing applications I have loaded, Premiere 6.5, Premiere Pro 1.5, Vegas 5.0, Avid Xpress Pro 4.3.1 or maybe something else overwrote one of those .inf files.

The brunt of it was this: it was using the wrong DV drivers when trying to export. I could capture but could not get DV footage back out to the camera or DSR11 deck. This was on my home machine this happened. The laptop was fine.

One thing to check is in your Control Panel\System\Hardware\Device Manager\IEEE 1394 Bus Host controllers. See what it says there. Mine says Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller.

If yours is different, that may be the culprit. Listen close - the best piece of advice I may ever give you is this...

BEFORE overwriting a single file on any machine, COPY THE DIRECTORY to a safe place. You can move it back under safe mode later if you have to. Make sure you have a boot floppy too, just in case.

No guraantees you won't completly kill your whole system, your cat won't cough up furballs in your shoes or that all your plants won't die. You do this on your own. Good luck and write with your results. (I just don't want anyone telling me I killed their system)

Sean McHenry

Ronald Lee August 13th, 2004 03:10 AM

it turned out that it was probably a Hard Disk defrag issue.

I work off my laptop, but use and EXTERNAL drive. Somewhere along the daisychain, there must have been some data bottlenecking (I suspect its from the ext HD to the computer) OR I just couldn't get one contiguous file to be defraged on the drive.

The solution was to copy the file (luckily I had room) from the ext HD to the HD on the computer.

HOWEVER, 'print to video' and 'export to tape' still showed major errors and drop out.

I have been able to record to tape just by previewing the video on the timeline, which also shows up on the camera.

Anyone else have probelms with 'print to video' and 'export to tape'?

Would have been nice if I could just import the AVI into Sony DVgate.

Sean McHenry August 13th, 2004 01:55 PM

I personally have only used the print to tape once in my life. I can get it to do everything by playing it out the timeline. I do it that way anymore. Just like Avid.

Sean

Harvey Shiner October 14th, 2004 02:24 AM

There are known problems with the sony dv codecs - I use Premiere 6.5 and use a Sony Vaio notebook for editing (2.66GHz, 512MB/Mo) - i sometimes had problems with jittery capture and exporting back to tape always had jittery export. Have a look here http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/326533.html - i followed their instructions and edited their Prem60.ini file and have not had a problem since. Hope this might help you Ronald - i know its b..........y frustrating