DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-trv950-pdx10-companion/)
-   -   X10 Audio Problem Solved... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-trv950-pdx10-companion/30333-x10-audio-problem-solved.html)

Craig Bellaire August 10th, 2004 10:20 AM

X10 Audio Problem Solved...

The Problem. Capturing audio on 5 different PC's with 4 different programs and only getting audio channel 1... NOT 2. We have used 1 DSr 45, 1 Dsr 40, 2 DSR 30's, 1 DSR 20, 1 Panasonic DV 2000 decks. With a mac we could capture both channels of audio but at every 18.55 minutes on long clips it would stop capturing.. Every time on every tape. After almost 8 months of research and talking with the Sony repair tech which he was worthless... It's sad how sony has gone down hill. Several things have been found out.
1. Sony has had problem with this camera and audio for some time now.

2. Sony uses it's own codec in the camera which does not work well with windows DV codec.

3. Sony Tech Help is worthless.

4. Scenalizer is the only program that will capture the dv stream with both audio channels perfect using MainConcept codecs.

5. Sony Tech Help is worthless.

6. Wish I could have gotten a Sony's DSR-390 Camera
Hopes this helps...

Sean McHenry August 10th, 2004 12:04 PM

You forgot to mention SOny tech help is worthless. Oh, wait, there it is...

Sorry to hear of this. So what you are saying then is that the tape itself, recorded in this camera is compromised? What I am asking is this, can the tapes from the PDX10 (one of which I own) be played out on a deck lie the DSR11 and get both channels?

I am not sure what you are telling us. You didn't mention it specifically but I think that is what you are leading us to.

I personally have only used one channel of audio out to edit so I am not aware of this issue in it's entirety but I will try to look into it more and report my findings.

Sean

Craig Bellaire August 10th, 2004 03:19 PM

2 channel Audio

Sorry But we had problem capturing both channels of audio.. We did an aerobics video with the music on channel 2 and voice on channel one. When we captured into windows the audio came into the machine as channel 4 BUT with only the voice NOT channel 2....... Which the x10 can capture 4 channels due to the front mic inputs and lowering the bit rate I believe....SO That was the problem.... We did try several brands of tape "Sony, JVC, Fuji, PAnasonic and even Maxell"... But all had the same problem... We didn't want to send the orginals to sony due to not having a good copy and afraid of loosing the footage so we tried to copy from DSR30- the 20 but had a hard time with that as well....SO Here is the question....is the tape itself, recorded in this camera compromised? Not sure! Because we could come out of all decks composite and into a canopus advc-100 back to fire wire just fine and would also play the entire tape with no lock up at the 18 minute mark....BUT NOT FIREWIRE... I can't be sure if the tape is compromissed or not but even capturing straight out of the camera with no tape is the same... Both channels are wacked out... So the fix is this.... Scenalizer.... PS: Sony tech help is worthless.... Hope this helps