DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-trv950-pdx10-companion/)
-   -   New pdx10 owner (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-trv950-pdx10-companion/42249-new-pdx10-owner.html)

Jim Ohair April 2nd, 2005 12:03 AM

New pdx10 owner

I still can't believe the difference ! Just got camera from b&h and took some test footage. It looks so much better than my small Panasonic. Even inside this camera has sharp blacks with very low noise. It's amazing there can be such a difference.
Nice reading some of your reviews. I'll have some questions soon I'm sure.

Boyd Ostroff April 2nd, 2005 04:15 AM

Welcome aboard Jim, and congratulations on your new camera. Will look forward to hearing your impressions.

John C. Chu April 2nd, 2005 06:41 AM

Congratulations Jim! I think you made an excellent choice----kick butt pictures in a small package.

I, too, was amazed at what comes out of the PDX-10 when I got mine back in February.(after all the info I've gleaned from this board and Boyd's wisdom)

The widescreen mode is really amazing--especially viewed on a 16:9 HDTV set.

One more thing...the PDX-10 rebate from Sony arrives fairly quick(about 3 weeks)....which I appreciated, unlike the 8-10 week deal you get from some manufacturers.

Jim Ohair April 2nd, 2005 10:49 AM

I at least have a neighbor with a widescreen plasma tv.
I wanted to wait for consumer hd but by the time ! can afford it plus a television plus a coputer that can handle it and software
I'd have another couple years of lousy video.
So John tell me is Boyd THE man around here?

Boyd Ostroff April 2nd, 2005 09:51 PM

Naw, I'm just another Joe Sixpack like everyone else! ;-P

Nevin Aragam April 6th, 2005 10:37 AM

A)Boyd, your title is Wrangler not Joe Sixpack, no need to live it down.

B) I completely forgot about the rebate sony was offering until i read this post. John C. Chu - 3 weeks, Nevin R. Aragam - 4 and counting. On the bright side, at least i'll have the extra two hundred bucks i've been looking for, for lenses, when it comes... sweet.

C) Still "stoaked" by this camera. It's a great upgrade from any comsumer camera, but "tsk tsk" on the focus ring and vertical smear (so much for that artistic affect...=( )

Thanks,
Nevin

John C. Chu April 6th, 2005 11:56 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Nevin Aragam : A)Boyd, your title is Wrangler not Joe Sixpack, no need to live it down.

B) I completely forgot about the rebate sony was offering until i read this post. John C. Chu - 3 weeks, Nevin R. Aragam - 4 and counting. On the

The rebate is printed on a postcard sized mailer and folded and sealed...

The cardboad rebate check is tiny to say the least..

Just make sure you don't throw it out with the junk mail. :-)

Nevin Aragam April 6th, 2005 02:18 PM

Hey you know..
Thats a good idea... i guessi havent checked the mail in a couple weeks.. maybe thats the problem.. guess we'll see. Thanks for the heads up.
Thanks
Nevin