DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/)
-   -   VX2100 didt record?!?!?! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/126302-vx2100-didt-record.html)

Ruwan Heggelman July 20th, 2008 03:26 AM

VX2100 didt record?!?!?!

I was shooting yesterday, and today i want to capture my footage but its not on the damn tape :|!!!! How did this happen:S?!??!?!

Don Bloom July 20th, 2008 04:45 AM

did you hit the record button? Was the tape in protection mode (record protect tab slid on) Did you see the REC in the LCD or VF, was the time code running? If these things were going on then it's got to be there UNLESS you placed the camera on a subwoofer case with a 15" speaker and the magnet erased the tape. Don't laugh. It's happened. Perhaps you grabbed the wrong tape to load and it's not really the tape you shot on?
If the REC lifght was showing and or the time code was running and the tape protction was not on and you hit the REC button AND didn't erase the tape then it has to be there.

Don

BTW, my sister in law and brother in law live in Dordchect (sp) Say 'HI' to them for me ;-)

Don

Ruwan Heggelman July 20th, 2008 04:53 AM

everything was working; rec was on screen, timecode was running.

its so irritating strange :S!

i will say hi xD!

George Kroonder July 20th, 2008 05:04 AM

Did you change the tape at the end of shooting? Maybe you put it somewhere "safe". I'd say go over every tape you can find in the kit you used yesterday.

Also do a test to confirm your cam is working. Just record a couple of minutes and capture. If that fails as well, you may have a defective camera.

George/

P.S. Don, I have some friends around Chicago. Say hi to them when you see 'm!

Ruwan Heggelman July 20th, 2008 05:05 AM

see post under

Ruwan Heggelman July 20th, 2008 05:10 AM

ok i have found the beginning xD i miss the middle and the end of it :| wtf

Noa Put July 20th, 2008 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruwan Heggelman (Post 909711)
ok i have found the beginning xD i miss the middle and the end of it :| wtf

I only once heard about someone with a vx2100 recording for 10 minutes with nothing on the tape, in that case it was a tape that had been used several times, it still contained the recording made before but nothing from the last recording.
Did you use a used or unused tape?

Ruwan Heggelman July 20th, 2008 05:17 AM

used it a couple of times yes.. i found the beginning (2 minutes)

Noa Put July 20th, 2008 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruwan Heggelman (Post 909713)
used it a couple of times yes.. i found the beginning (2 minutes)

I have no explanation why this could occur but think the risk of errors increases when using a tape more then once.
I actually never re-use a tape and suggest if you want to minimize the risk you should do the same, you also might consider running a cleaning tape before you do any other recording.

Ruwan Heggelman July 20th, 2008 05:33 AM

Shit..... :S..