DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/)
-   -   Y'all say howdy to Mike (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/2116-yall-say-howdy-mike.html)

Chris Hurd May 22nd, 2002 12:42 PM

Y'all say howdy to Mike

Ladies and gentlemen, I have managed to coerce, bribe and otherwise strong-arm one of our members into helping moderate this forum, a person for whom I have much respect, Mike Rehmus.

Mike is one of those guys whom I've known online for quite awhile, primarily from usenet's rec.video.production newsgroup and the Canopus forums. Among other camcorders, he is a PD150 owner and has graciously accepted the challenge of hanging out with us here, helping to field questions and wrangle the board.

Many thanks Mike, and my only regret is that after all this time we haven't met in person yet. I thought you might have been at a few tradeshows where I was working the Canopus booth, but I'm not positive about that.

Although this particular forum has VX2000 in the title, it really covers that whole family of amazing Sony machines including the PD150 and DSR250, so you're all in that right place. Thanks again Mike for helping us out here,

Lou Bruno May 23rd, 2002 02:59 PM

Good Luck Mike!!!! If ya need a hand let me know. LOU

madeline June 3rd, 2002 06:21 PM

Mike's already helped me Chris -- good choice, welcome Mike and thanks.

Mike Rehmus June 5th, 2002 04:51 PM

Introducing myself

I should give you a bit of background so you know what I think I might know as opposed to what I definitely don't know.

Education
BS in Management (go figure)
USN Electronics School
USN Nuclear Power School

Relevant experience
Own and operate ByVideo, an independent Video Production house (we shoot anything that moves and much that does not but mainly Wedding and industrial videos)

Oh, and I also publish videos if you happen to be a machinist or Model Engineer.

Teach (official title-Lab tech) acting, cinema and TV production at a local community college. Just completely rewired the TV studio.

Once-apon-a-time I was a Tektronix repairman where I did a lot of television measuring equipment repair.

Spent 30 years in Silicon Valley marketing imaging and printing peripherals. A couple of notable firsts were the first desktop scanner, the first digital camera (used in the first DUNE and the Last Starfighter), first Internet Content Provider (NEWS), etc.

Current equipment List:
Sony: EVW300, PD-150, PC-110, VX-1000, CCD-3300, DSR-20, EVO-9800A, EVO-9850, VP-7020, 520A (vectorscope and waveform monitor)
Studio 1 dual Proc Amp
Panasonic Lipstick camera
NRG belts and lights, Lowell kit
Leader portable waveform monitor and color display
Shure FP32, pair of Shure 267's
DBX portable compressor
Shure Beta SM58, SM81, 515SDX
AT 835B, 4033/SE
Sony ECM-44B
EV dynamic Lav.
Light Wave wind screens
Marantz portable stereo cassette recorder
Sony portable MD recorder
Sennheiser Wireless microphone system
Miller, Libec, Bogen, & Gitzo tripods and heads
Custom hardware that I build in my machine shop (2 lathes, 1 mill, welders, etc.)

Canopus DVRexRT on a dual PIII 850, 1 gig memory, 500 gigs of fast disk,
Canopus DVRex on a P4 1.5 with 512 Megs of memory, 250 megs of fast disk, Dual display

Photoshop, After Effects Production Bundle, Illustrator, Premiere, Media Studio Pro, Cool 3D, Poser, Hash Animation Master, Amorphium, True Space, ProTools (free version), Sound Forge, SmartSound, Sonicfire Pro, Pagemaker, Editor's Toolbox from Digital Juice. And I can even operate some of them.

I am a member of WEVA and NAPP, and two San Francisco organizations, Bay Area Video Coalitiion & Film Arts Foundation.

Recent shows: DVExpo in LA, NAB in Las Vegas.
Next show: WEVA in Las Vegas

Married, 2 daughters, 4 grandchildren, 1 Rottweiler.

That's about it.

rogerglumm June 26th, 2002 07:57 AM

Howdy, and thanks.

I posted my first question and within minutes, I had a reply from Mike.

I especially appreciate the patience of people who answer the same questions over and over again.

Sometimes new members weren't around when the question was asked the first time (or the second, or the third......)

Sometimes the question is regarding a topic that was just not relevant ... at that time.

Anyway, thanks Mike, and thanks to the rest of the group, too.

Frank Granovski July 23rd, 2002 12:54 AM

Greetings, Mike. Now for a question. I'll start a new thread.

Dan Ballmer September 18th, 2002 09:58 AM

Welcome Mike! Look foward to hearing your insights.

Guest October 30th, 2002 02:49 AM

I think Mike is a sweetheart.

Perry Mack November 13th, 2002 10:38 PM

say Hi !

Mike had helped me out with a question also,and upon hearing that he has been "crowned" with a new position :>),I extend back the welcome as well.

Forest Noggle March 26th, 2003 09:27 PM

New to this forum. Mike's info caught my attention when I read that he is an MSP and Cool 3D user. Ulead is what I use as well. MSP 6.5, Cool 3D Studio, PhotoImpact 7. I have been on the Media studio pro Users Group for about a year.
I got a VX-2000 last October and am just getting around to learning all the tricks with it that I can. (I have spent the last year plus learning MSP).

So, Hello Mike. I appreciate having access to MSP users outside the MUG.
Also, anything you could pass on about the VX-2000 is appreciated (even though I saw that you have a 1000.

I see on this group many great comments about the members.
I hope to tap that "DV Info".

Thanks, Forest

Garret Ambrosio March 27th, 2003 11:43 AM

Howdy Mike,

Hey we are both from the same town. Hope to see you around town to personally say, howdy.

Stylianos Moschapidakis April 29th, 2003 11:28 PM

During my research on purchasing a camera for my new event video business I found answers to most of my questions in this great forum. The majority of those questions were answered by postings written by Mike Rehmus. Thank you, Mike. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

G. Lee Gordon August 29th, 2003 11:52 AM

VX2000 VRS VX1000

Hi Mike,

I have a question for ya\'. I understand the differences between the VX2000 & PD150, but what are the differences between the VX2000 & the VX1000?

Mike Rehmus August 29th, 2003 01:41 PM

I\'m moving this to another thread

Anthony Milic September 16th, 2003 02:11 AM

Great! Really comfy

I think Nike is great too!!!
I\'ve had these old trainers for ages, always suffered cramping in my toes, but since I went Nike, it\'s been smooth sail- ... oh ... err..
... crap..