DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/)
-   -   Memory Stick Mattes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/23979-memory-stick-mattes.html)

Rob Lagerstrom March 8th, 2002 07:21 PM

Custom images on memory stick.. how?

I have succesfully managed to get the color bars to playback on my mem stick in the camera..

Now who knows the secret for making custom slides. There obviously something special in the .jpg header or hidden info that makes a regular .jpg unreadable. Even using the color bar images provide and not changing anytning, but adding text in P-shop then saving back to camera made file unreadable.

What programs will save jpg and not mess with header info (assuming that is the deal). It is also interesting the file is 640x480 not 720x480. Maybe due to square pixels.

rob

Jinglebojangles March 18th, 2002 10:30 AM

VX2000 - Memory Stick Compat.

Does anyone know whether the VX2000 will support a 128mb Memory Stick? Everything I've seen either online or in the manual suggests that 64mb is the max.

- Jacob

Rob Unck April 14th, 2002 05:46 PM

Memory stick

Hi guys, newbie to the board here (not newbie to the DV world, however.)

I've been shopping the last couple of weeks, leaning toward the VX2000 when I noticed this from member "wgardner":
"I also use a Memory stick mask to "trick" my system into capturing a letterbox or anamorphic image."

After hours and hours weighing the pros and cons of the VX2000; comparing the color registration, low light performance, audio issues of the VX2000 vs all other camcorders, I believe this remark about the memory stick has clinched the deal!

My question to wgardner or anyone who knows: how does this masking with the memory stick work? I assume you put a black bar mask on the memory stick? Is this something explained in the manual or a brilliant little cheat you came up with?

And I just thought of something funny: could you use this memory stick mask to recreate the famous old "looking through binoculars" shot?

Thanks for any help.
- Rob

Chris Hurd April 14th, 2002 06:30 PM

Howdy from Texas, Rob,

Go to my VX2000 Companion website at www.dvinfo.net/vx2000.htm and click on Resources -- and then "other VX2000 / PD150 websites" -- the first link will take you to some downloadable memory stick examples. I see no reason why you couldn't do a classic "binoculars" matte as well. Hope this helps,

Rob Unck April 15th, 2002 06:05 PM

Thanks for the info, Chris! You've got a great, informative site here. Wish I'd discovered it earlier!

Brian Pink February 11th, 2003 09:03 AM

PD150 Timelapse to Memory Stick?

is this possible? if i set to use progressive scan ( why not, i don't need the fps ) can i record timelapse to a memory stick and save the wear on the heads?

Mike Rehmus February 11th, 2003 04:44 PM

Don't know, have you tried it and failed?

Brian Pink February 11th, 2003 05:23 PM

no, i'm not familiar enough with the memory stick to know if this is feasible. i guess i need to sit down with my manual and figure this out. :D

Lee Muller December 10th, 2003 07:30 PM

Max size memory stick?

Hi,

Does anyone know the maximum size memory stick that can be used in the VX2000?

Thanks

Rob Lohman December 11th, 2003 04:01 AM

I think the original maximum of the memory stick was/is 128 mb.
So my guess would be 128 mb.

Richard Edwards April 2nd, 2004 02:19 PM

Memory Stick Mattes

Hi,

I was wondering is there any sites hosting memory stick matte images? As the one everyone suggests http://www.streamovie.com seems to be down.

Thanks.

Richard Edwards April 5th, 2004 03:16 AM

Anyone?

Or does anyone have them that they could e-mail me, or possibly host on an alternate site as this one is now gone.

Mike Rehmus April 5th, 2004 12:26 PM

Are you looking for a general collection or a specific matte?

Richard Edwards April 5th, 2004 05:16 PM

Well it would be nice to have a selection, but I mainly need a 16:9 PAL matte.

Lou Bruno April 5th, 2004 06:08 PM

Richard: Send me an e-mail to me at Gocycle@optonline.net and I will send you the mattes as I have them saved.

Lou Bruno