DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/)
-   -   sony GV-D1000 playback deck question! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/44772-sony-gv-d1000-playback-deck-question.html)

Saturnin Kondratiew May 17th, 2005 08:16 PM

sony GV-D1000 playback deck question!

Not sure where else to post this-I have a said deck, and when i hit stop to rewind i get this error "for infolithium battery only" and it shuts off. I'm able to rewind while it plays but not when i hit stop. Anyone have or hear about this error.
Thanks for any help.

btw the deck is plugged to the ac adapter

J. Stephen McDonald May 18th, 2005 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saturnin Kondratiew
Not sure where else to post this-I have a said deck, and when i hit stop to rewind i get this error "for infolithium battery only" and it shuts off. I'm able to rewind while it plays but not when i hit stop. Anyone have or hear about this error.
Thanks for any help.

btw the deck is plugged to the ac adapter

Try using another cassette or unplugging the power supply momentarily. If you use a remote controler, hit rewind on the top panel-----or vice-versa.

Saturnin Kondratiew May 19th, 2005 10:25 AM

i just tested it with a battery only and it works fine, it rewinds all the way, etc.
After i took the battery out and pluged it back into the ac and it still doesnt work, wonder what it could be and why is it so stubborn..hehe...

J. Stephen McDonald May 19th, 2005 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saturnin Kondratiew
i just tested it with a battery only and it works fine, it rewinds all the way, etc.
After i took the battery out and pluged it back into the ac and it still doesnt work, wonder what it could be and why is it so stubborn..hehe...

The rewind and fast-forward modes probably draw more power than play or record. Put it into fast-forward and see if it misbehaves in the same way. If you have a voltmeter or multimeter, check the output voltage of your power supply and compare that to the output of a fully-charged battery. The AC adaptor might be faulty or have a weak point in its connection. Even if the voltage measures OK, possibily not enough amperage is passing through from the power supply. From my collection of Sony VCRs and camcorders, I've got four essentially identical AC adaptor units. If you have another one or can borrow one with the same specifications, try it on this VCR. A good little multimeter seems indispensible to me in keeping tabs on my power adaptors, chargers and batteries. You can pick one up for $20. to $25. from a well-known electronic parts chain.

Saturnin Kondratiew May 20th, 2005 05:04 PM

this is wierd....hehe
i just tried the deck with another power supply....and it works fine both ff and rewind on play and stop...
after i switch back to the old power supply and it works also...
thanx for your help