DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Is all lost...? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/116826-all-lost.html)

Robb Cox March 12th, 2008 08:30 AM

Is all lost...?

I got my EX1 about 5 days ago and was only able to upgrade my old version of FCP to the newest one today on my Macbook Pro..

In the last few days I have shot some pretty nice timelapse sunrises etc and was using XDCAM Clip Browser to view them but I only imported the .mp4 and .xml files for each clip off the card...

Upon installing FCS2 tonight I have realized that I cant import the aforementioned timelapse shots into FCP because I seemingly dont have the other associated files...

I can still view them fine with XDCAM Clip Browser but XDCAM Transfer and FCP 6.0.2 arent interested in co-operating... Anyone know any work-arounds or are my clips useless now? :(

Thanks

Alexander Kubalsky March 12th, 2008 08:42 AM

I remember having similar trouble before I got fcp 6.0.2. I think I managed to solve the problem by dragging the files back onto the SxS card, put it back into the EX and viewed them on the lcd to make sure they were there, put SxS card back into Macbook and the files could be viewed in Xdcam Transfer and transfered to hard drive and FCP as if they came fresh off the camera again. I may be forgetting a step here but give it a try.

Also, Do you have XDCAM Transfer? Dont need to use the Browser Software.

Robb Cox March 12th, 2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Kubalsky (Post 841170)
I remember having similar trouble before I got fcp 6.0.2. I think I managed to solve the problem by dragging the files back onto the SxS card, put it back into the EX and viewed them on the lcd to make sure they were there, put SxS card back into Macbook and the files could be viewed in Xdcam Transfer and transfered to hard drive and FCP as if they came fresh off the camera again. I may be forgetting a step here but give it a try.

Also, Do you have XDCAM Transfer? Dont need to use the Browser Software.

Ok I will try that in the morning... Just drag the .mp4 files onto the card?

I do have XDCAM Transfer now yes.

Alexander Kubalsky March 12th, 2008 08:15 PM

Actually, thinking back it may have been more than just that.

Try this. Copy an existing SxS cards files onto your Macbook Desktop. Drag and drop it I think.
Go into the BPAV folder and then go into one of the actual files/shots. There are four folders in each file if I remember correctly. You then replace the .mp4 and .xml files from one of those files with your incomplete ones. Your incomplete files have all four parts again. I cant remember what the other two parts are called -dont have my camera or macbook here at the moment to check- but they seem to be the same on all files. Just wrapping?

Then drag this BPAV folder back onto an empty SxS card.

Then put the SxS card back in the Ex, I think at this point it may say the media needs to be restored, do this, this doesnt wipe the data just makes it readable for the camera again. --Reformating Media does wipe the card so be careful!--, then check that the clips play in camera,

then put card back in the Macbook and they should transfer over no problem.

Sorry if this is a vague expalantion, I dont have my ex or macbook here at the momenta nd it was a while ago but Im pretty sure thats what I did. Just keep copies of those files incase.

Let me know if this works. Also check around on other threads, maybe someone else has had the same thing.

Robb Cox March 13th, 2008 12:44 AM

Hey thanks for the reply Alexander... But it didnt work :(

Alexander Kubalsky March 13th, 2008 01:09 AM

did you "restore media" when the card was back in camera?

sorry I couldnt help. I know I did have the same problem. When I first got the camera I only FCP5 and the clip browser. Ill post here again if I can retrace my steps properly. I must have missed soemthing. Ill try and set up the same problem when I get a chance.
Let me know if you find a way.
Alex