DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Schneider .75 W/A Adapter for EX Recalled (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/121807-schneider-75-w-adapter-ex-recalled.html)

Don Greening May 16th, 2008 07:57 PM

Schneider .75 W/A Adapter for EX Recalled

A poster on another forum has stated that this adapter was pulled from the market on May 15th and that Schneider Optical is urging anyone that has this piece to return it immediately to their supplier. The adapter is also now missing from Schneider's web site. A new version of this adapter will be available but not for several months according to an inside Schneider spokesperson.

- Don

Ryan Avery May 21st, 2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Greening (Post 878909)
A poster on another forum has stated that this adapter was pulled from the market on May 15th and that Schneider Optical is urging anyone that has this piece to return it immediately to their supplier. The adapter is also now missing from Schneider's web site. A new version of this adapter will be available but not for several months according to an inside Schneider spokesperson.

- Don

Shortly after the shipment of the first units, Schneider Optics Inc., discovered an unanticipated mismatch with the Sony EX1 video camera and our .75x Wide Converter. In certain scenes we have identified some distortion that may not be suitable to some of our customers.

At Schneider we pride ourselves on the quality of our products. The Century Brand stands for the best video accessories available, period. We strive to satisfy the most critical, most demanding customers and applications, not just the majority ...... or 9 out of 10. Therefore, we have discontinued the sale of this product effective immediately.

Any customer that has purchased a .75X Wide Converter for the Sony EX1, and is dissatisfied in any way can return it for a refund. Contact the dealer you purchased it from. If you have any problem at all, contact Schneider Optics directly at 1-800-228-1254.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics

Doug Okamoto May 21st, 2008 04:55 PM

Thanks Don for the info.

Thanks to Ryan and Schneider for being a stand up kind of company doing the recall. Not every company would do this kind of thing.

Thanks also for being a great sponsor here!

Tom Roper May 21st, 2008 10:40 PM

That kind of concern for the customer is very commendable.

Paul Cronin May 22nd, 2008 06:28 AM

Thanks Ryan I look for Schneider to dial in all the attachments for the EX1 so we have a high quality useful option.

Ryan Avery May 22nd, 2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Cronin (Post 881518)
Thanks Ryan I look for Schneider to dial in all the attachments for the EX1 so we have a high quality useful option.

Keep in mind that all of our other products for the EX1 are very well reviewed and the quality is really amazing. I of course can talk all day but once people get them in their hands (the .6x is shipping now) the product will speak for itself.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics

Don Pham May 22nd, 2008 09:51 AM

Ryan,

any news on the fisheye? i have placed an order @ b&h for 3 weeks and have not heard anything yet.

thanks

Ryan Avery May 22nd, 2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Pham (Post 881600)
Ryan,

any news on the fisheye? i have placed an order @ b&h for 3 weeks and have not heard anything yet.

thanks

The fisheye lenses will be delivered at the end of June. Glass supply is always an issue particulary since we have had to produce so many new attachments than ever before.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics