DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Sony WA vs Century Fisheye (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/126359-sony-wa-vs-century-fisheye.html)

Paul Cronin July 30th, 2008 05:28 PM

Sorry Craig the box just arrived and I am leaving in hours so it will have to wait till I come back.

First impressions of the Mattebox and follow focus is they are very nice for the price.

Craig Hollenback July 30th, 2008 05:37 PM

Thanks Paul

I look fwd to hearing from you when you return.
Best, Craig

Craig Hollenback August 12th, 2008 06:05 PM

Matte Box

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Cronin (Post 914415)
Sorry Craig the box just arrived and I am leaving in hours so it will have to wait till I come back.

First impressions of the Mattebox and follow focus is they are very nice for the price.

How did the matte box work out Paul with the Sony .8?
Thanks, Craig

Paul Cronin August 13th, 2008 08:59 AM

Hi Craig,

The trip I was on I did not use the EX1 I used the Sony SR12 and Helmet Cam for the job. Everything had to fit in a camel back pack while in the mountains.

As for the matte box and the wide angle I will have to wait until next week to try it out. I sent my EX1 back to Sony for a few warranty repairs. The ND switch fell into the camera, the LCD was crooked, and firmware update. Sony said the camera is shipping back from NJ on Thursday so early next week I will try out the WA and let you know.

Paul Cronin August 14th, 2008 08:37 AM

Craig the came is scheduled to arrive today. I will check out the matte box with the WA today and take a few pictures.

Paul Cronin August 14th, 2008 05:47 PM

Craig sorry to say the matte box does not fit with the wide angle. The matte box and focus ring also does not fit with my Zacuto rails/shoulder brace.

I am sending the unit back tomorrow.

Jeff Koenig August 15th, 2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Cronin (Post 920580)
Craig sorry to say the matte box does not fit with the wide angle. The matte box and focus ring also does not fit with my Zacuto rails/shoulder brace.

I am sending the unit back tomorrow.

Interesting. I was thinking of getting one for my EX3... I wonder what kind of rails would work?

Odd that it doesn't work with the zacutos...

Paul Cronin August 15th, 2008 10:34 AM

Jeff I think the rails would work if you had the drop down fitting. The big problem for me was the Wide Angle lens diameter is too but for the box.

Craig Hollenback August 18th, 2008 04:35 PM

That's a bummer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Cronin (Post 920789)
Jeff I think the rails would work if you had the drop down fitting. The big problem for me was the Wide Angle lens diameter is too but for the box.

Hi Paul, Thnaks for the feedback but sorry to hear the bad news. I will have to hold off for the Redrock which they proclaim will work with the sony .8. Best, Craig