DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   1.11 Allows USB disk drive - Will it allow USB memory? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/128962-1-11-allows-usb-disk-drive-will-allow-usb-memory.html)

Dave Morrison September 1st, 2008 02:46 PM

Forgot to add that I used a Sandisk Extreme III card which, according to Sandisk, tops out at 30 MB/sec data rate.

Steve Shovlar September 1st, 2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Morrison (Post 927859)
Forgot to add that I used a Sandisk Extreme III card which, according to Sandisk, tops out at 30 MB/sec data rate.

And you are using the latest 1.11 firmware?

Dave Morrison September 1st, 2008 03:41 PM

Nope, not that brave or rich. I can't afford any of the upgrades that 1.11 allows me to use.

Gabriel Soares September 1st, 2008 04:01 PM

OMG... Without the version 1.11, this will never work...

Dave Morrison September 1st, 2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Soares (Post 927893)
OMG... Without the version 1.11, this will never work...

No need to bring deities into this. I was simply working off of this quote from Oyvind:

"As I wrote in the other section. I don't think the CF reader would fit into the slot."

Alex Raskin September 1st, 2008 04:40 PM

Next thing we know... someone with 1.11 firmware will actually be able to use CF adapter to record on CF cards. Maybe?

Noah Yuan-Vogel September 1st, 2008 05:04 PM

This is all very interesting... Quite tempting to update firmware and try it out. Any idea whether sony will be able to tell/care if firmware was user-updated? guess they'd check the service history if i sent it in and realize my firmware was newer than it should be. im not really that interested in giving up my warranty.

Brian Rhodes September 1st, 2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Morrison (Post 927851)
Oh, you can get the CF adapter in there, but the camera doesn't like it very much and I'd NEVER shoot with this much hardware hanging out of the camera. I got an "Unknown Media" message on the screen....no option to format or do anything else. BTW, that's the Delkin adapter.

DITTO with 8gb Pro-duo will not work unknown media .
Amazon.com: SONY MSACEX1 MEMORY STICK(R) DUO EXPRESSCARD(TM) ADAPTER: Electronics

I am done ...I am using the Lexar 8Gb express card SSd for back up SP mode Only. Do not be surprised if Sony updates the firmware again and locks out the after market cards it can be done.

Anthony Smith September 1st, 2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Rhodes (Post 927938)
DITTO with 8gb Pro-duo will not work unknown media .
Amazon.com: SONY MSACEX1 MEMORY STICK(R) DUO EXPRESSCARD(TM) ADAPTER: Electronics

I am done ...I am using the Lexar 8Gb express card SSd for back up SP mode Only. Do not be surprised if Sony updates the firmware again and locks out the after market cards it can be done.

If Sony locks out the firmware again, can i get the firmware from you guys when i got the EX1 ? :)

Anthony Smith September 2nd, 2008 05:13 AM

guys with EX1.
Can you please test whether Lexar 16 gig express card works? Record in 25mb/sec is good enough.

David C. Williams September 2nd, 2008 05:25 AM

Here's a thought. I wonder if you can use a Sony/Sandisk SxS in Slot 1 to record to, then bump the data over to a cheap 16 or 32 Lexar in Slot 2 in camera to off load? Might be more convenient than a laptop in many situations, and the sticks are so cheap.

Has anyone tried the Lexar cards in an EX3 yet?

Jim McQuaid September 2nd, 2008 10:39 AM

Procedure for updating EX1?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Rhodes (Post 927389)
oK updated my cam to 1.11

I assume this is a "give it to your dealer" kind of thing to upgrade the camera?

George Kroonder September 2nd, 2008 02:26 PM

Currently it is a "ship it to Sony" kind of thing.

George/

Jim McQuaid September 2nd, 2008 03:04 PM

firmware 1.11

Perhaps I missed it, but aside from the discussion here about memory cards, etc. Is there any real information about what's different / better in firmware v1.11?

George Kroonder September 2nd, 2008 03:12 PM

Get up to speed here: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/sony-xdca...mware-out.html

George/