DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Clunky Clip Browser (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/130792-clunky-clip-browser.html)

Ian Briscoe September 14th, 2008 02:54 PM

Clunky Clip Browser

Does anybody else find Clip Browser a bit 'clunky' - eg
I've copied all my clips from 2 EX1s into one folder - each clip is named eg "CAM10001","CAM20045", etc. I'm now working through each clip in Clip Browser marking the sections I want to keep. So to go through them in the right order I click on "Clip Name" column which sorts them into name order. I play the clip, mark IN/OUT points, create a new clip.....and the sort order is lost - so I have to re-sort again.

It would help if there was an option to create the new clip with a date stamp of when that new clip was created - rather then the date of the original clip.

Also - when marking the IN/OUT points - how about one keypress to create the new clip AND export.

If anybody can suggest a better workflow I'm all ears....

Ian

Jae Staats September 15th, 2008 06:21 PM

Ian,

Not completely related to your post, but thought you would quickly know the answer. I am thinking of purchasing the EX1 or EX3 and was curious as to when you import the footage via the clip browser, is there a way to import footage into longer length pieces or does it only import as clips where you hit "record" and then "stop recording" each time?

Ian Briscoe September 16th, 2008 03:01 AM

Each start/stop recording operating creates one clip. Technically the clip could be made up of many actual files depending on the length of it - but providing you use Clip Browser to copy from the camera to the the PC you don't have to worry about that.

While you can divide clips I don't think you can merge them.

Ian

Dave Elston September 16th, 2008 04:23 AM

My Documents not browseable

Another quirky problem I should like to add to this thread is the absence of the "My Documents" folder within the directory explorer. I have tried re-installing and re-downloading but this problem won't go away. Original version worked fine. Although not a biggie (just move the clip folders somewhere outside "My Documents") but is a little unnerving.

I haven't heard anyone else complaining about such a "feature" so maybe this is just an eccentricity of my particular hardware/software (QX6700 quad with XP SP3) causing some denial of access to the user folders under Clipbrowser, anyone else...?

Ian Briscoe September 16th, 2008 04:31 AM

Dave

Same for me (XP SP2) - no "My Documents" - got to go the long way rounf "Documents and Settings....". Not a major issue for me personally as I copy all clips to a different drive.

I gave up with my problem - I exported everything to MXF and will cut it down in Vegas.

Ian