DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   transfering files (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/138804-transfering-files.html)

Ian Planchon December 4th, 2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Huntington (Post 972661)
Are you using a usb 2.0 cable? I noticed substantial loss in transfer times when using a usb 1.0 cable when transferring from the camera to the computer.

I have been using the cable that came with the camera.

but after I read your post, and disabled the raids. I tried a new cable. I am transfering a 45 minute clip, and it is on track to be done in 15 minutes....so, all MIGHT be ok now.

sweet.

edit-

I spoke to soon. going on 45 minutes now and still not close......ok. so raid is disabled, I am using USb 2.0 cable, what else?

Ian Planchon December 5th, 2008 11:14 AM

can someone point me to an internal express card reader for a PC. I have googled it, but I dont think I am wording it right, because I just get PCMI express video cards as a result.

I want to try that instead of using the USB from camera to computer. just to see if that works.

Dave Morrison December 5th, 2008 06:37 PM

Here you go, Ian:

PCI Express to ExpressCard 34|54 Slot Drive Read-Writer Front, Synchrotech

dave

Ted OMalley December 5th, 2008 10:57 PM

Dave,

Isn't this the one that requires rebooting to change out media? I've been waiting for a hot-swap one, but didn't think there was one.

And by the way, why didn't you send a link to a local shop that carried it? ;-)

Dave Morrison December 5th, 2008 11:12 PM

Hey, they can't ALL be perfect! ;-)
Behave, Ted, or Santa won't bring you any more backpacks!!

Dave Morrison December 5th, 2008 11:14 PM

....and besides, as a former Windows user, I know that rebooting is sorta like cleansing the palette, 'ya know? He might enjoy that routine. ;)

Ian Planchon December 10th, 2008 11:30 PM

I havent picked up an express card reader for the computer yet, but I just transfered a 56 minute file via usb....well, am TRANSFERING the file. its on hour 3.....

nothing has changed on my computer in almost a week, and now its taking even longer to transfer, could this be a camera thing?

Bob Jackson December 10th, 2008 11:35 PM

Tried my s x s card in my new mbp today for the first time.
Transferred about 13 min of video in about 1 min.

Ian Planchon December 11th, 2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Jackson (Post 976134)
Tried my s x s card in my new mbp today for the first time.
Transferred about 13 min of video in about 1 min.

ahh man, you are just rubbing it in! hahaha

Ian Planchon December 11th, 2008 08:32 AM

ok, I have tried it on three different computers, and its still slow as ever. I am really leaning towards camera related.