DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Picture Profiles ate my SDI (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/138991-picture-profiles-ate-my-sdi.html)

Denis OKeefe December 4th, 2008 08:14 PM

Picture Profiles ate my SDI

Strange thing today, and a first too. I've been using a combination of EX 1 and EX 3 cameras and have had picture profiles for both cameras on my cards for months. With a rental camera today I did an "all reset" then read from my card and set the profiles. Sometime later the HDSDI output went away ( we were setting up and didn't notice till it was gone). After changing out the cables, turning the camera on and off and the usual stunts I finally did all reset again - and the HDSDI output returned.
I put the PPs ( which have worked for months now) back on the camera and everything worked fine- except for the HDSDI output (changed to SDI it was still kaput). Reset again - all back to normal.
I tried to duplicate it on a second camera and unfortunately I could - so I can kill and EX 1 and an EX3 equally well.
All my cards have been set up (and working) with the same SUF files under the EX1 and EX3 file that lives under SONY>PRO>CAMERA>etc, etc. Until today the profiles worked great on either camera, and a number of rental cameras. It makes matching them a breeze, up till now.
Any ideas on what might be up, and why it would work for months then stop?
At the moment two of three cameras are affected - an EX 1 and an EX 3 - the other EX 3 is shooting just fine with the old profiles.

Andrew Hollister December 4th, 2008 09:33 PM

I am probably wrong, but doesn't the files you back up on the card hold ALL camera settings? If that is the case, then you would have to restore, turn on the HD-SDI output and do another backup of your settings.

I bet someone smarter than me (like Bill Ravens, Craig Seeman or a slew of others here) will have a better answer.

Denis OKeefe December 5th, 2008 12:43 PM

HDSDI out and PP

when I did a reset to the camera, then loaded the PP file I wanted, everything worked except the SDI output went away. Switcching it off, then back on, switching to SD SDI didn't make a difference. the monitor out still worked.
TO get the SDI back required another reset, which put it back to factory standard - with HDSDI active ( and once again working).
Somehow writing the PP settings caused it to lose SDI, so today we're running with PP off, and I'll try to track it down tomorrow.
This is over multiple cameras, I've formatted all the cards thinking something is corrupted.

Any ideas as to what is up are appreciated, if I get an answer I'll post it.

James Huenergardt December 7th, 2008 01:45 PM

I had the EXACT same thing happen last night on a shoot.

I have 2 EX1s and set up a picture profile and then exported to SxS card and imported that into my other camera.

Both cameras would NOT port video through the SDI. I thought my brand new cable was bad, so I tried another one, and thought my monitor was bad.

I then did a reset, and SDI worked again.

Firmware 1.05

Very odd.