DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   My problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/140183-my-problem.html)

Vincent Oliver December 23rd, 2008 05:18 AM

My problem

This may be the wrong place for this question, but as it is happening with my EX3 footage I thought someone may have an answer.

Every time I import a file into Premiere CS3, using a Matrox RTX2 card and apply a couple of effects I get these results

Photoshop CS3

I have managed to get away with this by importing files as an AVI. Now I have just invested in a Sony EX3 which only produces MPEG4 files and I get these artefacts several times each minute. They appear as a one frame flash and are at random times.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I have included a short bit of test footage here

Matrox Artifacts

It is a 25mb QT movie file, shot on the Sony EX3, dropped into the timeline a Matrox colour correction and Premierre Flicker removal has been applied. The artefacts also appear when two or more Matrox effects are applied. If I just use one effect, i.e. colour correction then the footage is perfect.

System Asus board with 4 gb RAM, Nvidia 7950GT graphics card with 512mb ram, Sound Blaster Audigy card, and several hard drives (SATA). Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, RTX2 card. All items are Matrox approved etc. Windows XP SP 3

Jay Gladwell December 23rd, 2008 07:26 AM

Vincent, I'd think you'd be better served posting this question in the Premiere editing forum. Anyone here with any NLE other than Premiere will be hard-pressed to be of any help.

Vincent Oliver December 23rd, 2008 09:37 AM

I put my hand up in shame and confess that I also put it there, but as this forum is so active and it also relates (losely) to the EX3 I thought some wise person may have the solution.

Brian Cassar December 23rd, 2008 09:52 AM

I use Matrox Axio LE + CS3. I initially had a somewhat similar problem - I used to get vertical colour bars for a frame or two on exporting to movie. This solved itself with an upgrade.

However yours is different. I know that you have given an indication of your set-up but I'm going to ask you again - is your system totally Matrox validated? Unless each and every pc item is validated, strange things can occur with Matrox RTX2 and Axio LE.

I also suggest that you place this query in the forum on matrox site - Matrox RTX2 User Forum :: Index

They may take a while to reply but usually they finally do reply.

Vincent Oliver December 23rd, 2008 09:57 AM

Thank you Brian,

Yes, my system is validated I am using a ASUS Crosshair motherboard, Nvidia 7950GT card etc.

I did post on the RTX2 forum a few days ago, but by strange quirk I had a reply from the support team a few minutes ago, but this was the usual, are you using the correct motherboard, latest drivers etc. The answer is yes to all of these. I may just remove my sound card and see if that has any effect.