DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Hard Reset button on ex1? froze at xdcam screen (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/378227-hard-reset-button-ex1-froze-xdcam-screen.html)

Tony Edgar September 9th, 2009 09:09 AM

Hard Reset button on ex1? froze at xdcam screen

Anyone know if there is a hard reset button on the ex1? The camera is frozen at the xdcam start up screen and just turns itself on and off. I can't access the menu so the in-camera reset is not an option. Anyone else ever heard of this problem?

Brooks Graham September 9th, 2009 10:20 AM

Yikes. A quick search of the owner's manual pdf didn't see any hardware reset.

Have you tried removing the battery and all the cards? Let it sit like that for five or ten minutes and try again.

Sorry to hear that your cam has lost its mind.

Leonard Levy September 22nd, 2009 01:20 PM

Help I just experienced tyhe same problem on a shoot. Tony did you find out what this was?

Daniel Bates September 22nd, 2009 01:36 PM

Perhaps removing the backup/settings battery would help?

Leonard Levy September 22nd, 2009 04:47 PM

where is that battery?

Daniel Bates September 22nd, 2009 04:58 PM

From page 125 of the manual:

1. Open the cover of the backup battery holder on the bottom by loosening the screw, and remove the battery. (Illustration: directly next to the tripod mounting plate)

2. Insert a new backup battery (CR2032) with the + symbol facing outside.

3. Attach the cover in the original position.

Leonard Levy September 22nd, 2009 10:57 PM

EX-1 won't boot - Help!

My Ex-1 will not boot.
The camera gets to the xdcam start up screen and then just turns itself off then on again over & over. I can't access the menu so the in-camera reset is not an option.
I have tried A/C & batts.
Tried starting with the switch set to media.
Tried changing the cr2032 battery ( I think I installed it correctly - it didn't seem to fit very well.

Help?

Lenny Levy

Craig Seeman September 23rd, 2009 07:02 AM

Try removing (rather than changing the internal battery) and leave it out for many minutes (even a day to sure but just a few minutes really might be enough). Turn the camera on/off during that time to ensure any residual charge is drained as well. Then reinstall the battery.

Leonard Levy September 23rd, 2009 01:49 PM

Craig,
Thanks for responding.
Do you know that will work or is it just a guess? Otherwise I am about to send it off for repair ASAP. I'll wait if its a pretty sure bet.

I already did leave the battery out for a good 1- 2 hours yesterday when I bought a new 2032. I found it tricky to get the replacement to lay in correctly though I eventually got it.

Lenny

Craig Seeman September 23rd, 2009 01:57 PM

It depends on whether the issue is software, firmware, hardware related. Not only is that not sure neither is Sony's repair. It all depends on whether you can try one more thing vs a possible 3 week turnaround by Sony.

Kevin Spahr September 23rd, 2009 03:11 PM

I guess you removed all the SxS cards and tried it?
I would also try holding down the menu button, menu scroller, and cancel button when staring up. That's what I'd try...

Tony Edgar September 23rd, 2009 03:52 PM

Camera is at Sony guys. They don't know what's wrong with it yet. I'll let you know when I get it back. Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem...

Leonard Levy September 23rd, 2009 04:02 PM

Tried all of that stuff to no avail. Any ideas folks. For others who did the firmware upgrade yourself: does your battery still die if left on the camera.

Lenny Levy

Serena Steuart September 24th, 2009 01:27 AM

The battery draining was corrected by a hardware fix (2 circuit boards replaced).

Clark Peters September 24th, 2009 05:54 PM

The firmware upgrade didn't do anything about the battery discharge problem. That requires a circuit board replacement.
Pete