DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Tiffen T1 IR is available (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/465838-tiffen-t1-ir-available.html)

Ed Kukla December 2nd, 2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docea Marius (Post 1455225)
Can someone post a comparison test, T1 and tifen B + W 486? Thanks

They both do a good job of correcting the color problem. BUT, the 486 filter puts a strange vinginette of green in the corners on wide angle lenses. The W/A lens looks through the filter from a severe angle at the edges, and the coating of the filter is only designed to be looked straight through. the Tiffen does not have this problem.
If you never go W/A with you lens, you're OK with the 486.

Dean Harrington December 2nd, 2009 09:06 PM

abelcine ...

The 77mm T1 will be in on This Friday. Stevie has just sent me a note on this.

Docea Marius December 3rd, 2009 12:44 AM

Thanks for the reply, I have a filter 486 mounted on EX1 and frankly I do not mind vignetting.Am seen here a test done by Adam Reuter with T1. Never seemed OK in color, has a green tint.

Piotr Wozniacki December 3rd, 2009 11:55 AM

Just got my T1, and am delighted!

Yes, there is some light loss - but I can still shoot inside my dimly lit rooms, so it's negligible (YMMV).

The AWB settled to 2900K with all tungsten around, and the colors are beautiful - with blacks as reach as never before!

Dano Motley December 3rd, 2009 12:32 PM

bayonette question ref bw 486

i have the 486 mounted on the ex3. i also use a wide angled lens that bayonette mounts on the camera (16x9's .45). unfortunatly i have to take off the 486 filter every time i use the wide angle. my question is...is there an adapter that will extend the bayonette mounting capailitied past the B&W 486?

thanks in advance,

Dano

Leonard Levy December 3rd, 2009 06:03 PM

After finally getting my EX back from Sony I 've been able to at last try out my T1.

It does lose a little more light than I expected and seems to desaturate a touch so I would raise the sat about +10 when I have it in. I see now I'd like to have a 486 also as that loses no light and is perfect behind a 35mm adapter where I'm not to keen on losing 1/2 or more stop. Don't think I'll spring for a 486 tough as the cost is so high, but I do understand why some people might want to stay with it. Too limited for a general filter for my taste though because of the wide angle issue.
Best solution - EX1R

Michael B. McGee December 4th, 2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonard Levy (Post 1455794)
....Best solution - EX1R

why? does the EX1R have a better built-in hot mirror/IR filter?

Chad Johnson December 4th, 2009 08:15 PM

There is no IR filter on the EX1. The R model added one. Now everyone who buys one doesn't have to buy a lame filter to leave on all the time.