DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   EX3 - Wireless Positions instead of shoes???? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/466250-ex3-wireless-positions-instead-shoes.html)

Shawn Dooling October 22nd, 2009 06:14 AM

EX3 - Wireless Positions instead of shoes????

I am currently looking for options to place my 2 Wireless Receivers on my EX3. I currently clamp them to the shoe positions on the Camera Handle. But they get in the way when going handheld. i'm wondering if there are different options out there that would not be so in the way.

I have the Older DM Accessories shoulder Brace attached, so there is a place at the back to maybe place a box or some kind of holder for the Mics but i haven't seen anything that would be good for the receivers. I've noticed plenty of Battery holders for that Position but nothing for receivers.

Does anyone know of anything that would be a good fit to handle to Wireless Mic Receivers????thx

Brian Chow October 22nd, 2009 11:36 AM

Velcro

I don't know why everyone gets fancy holders and brackets for their reveivers. For years, we've just put velcro on the back of them and also have velcro on our batteries and slap them on that way. We attach one on each side of the battery. It works perfect, doesn't get in the way and its cheap, as long as your using a bigger battery like a Anton Bauer. We do this with both our EX3 and our JVC 200's.We even use velcro to attach our Dr HD100 drive to the back of the HD200, right on the back of the battery.

Brian

Barry J. Weckesser October 22nd, 2009 01:05 PM

I am using this with my EX1 to mount a Nanoflash and a battery to power the Nano and the camera. QR Pro2 Model

Ed Kukla October 22nd, 2009 02:47 PM

which receivers?

Olof Ekbergh October 22nd, 2009 04:23 PM

I make a side plate that holds wireless mics for EX3's and EX1's.

Contact me for info.

Olof@WestsideAV.com

Tip McPartland October 22nd, 2009 05:07 PM

double and triple shoe brackets

Look a ways down the page linked below. I'm using their double shoe bracket with the components relocated to position the mics for operator clearance. The triple might be even better.

video_accessories

Shawn Dooling October 23rd, 2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olof Ekbergh (Post 1436478)
I make a side plate that holds wireless mics for EX3's and EX1's.

Contact me for info.

Olof@WestsideAV.com

can you post a pic of the plate on the camera? thx

Shawn Dooling October 23rd, 2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Chow (Post 1436334)
I don't know why everyone gets fancy holders and brackets for their reveivers. For years, we've just put velcro on the back of them and also have velcro on our batteries and slap them on that way. We attach one on each side of the battery.

Brian

Velcro is an option, but we use the BP-U60 Sony Batteries.

thx

Bob Grant October 23rd, 2009 04:35 AM

We make extensive use of these: Rycote | 037303 Hot Shoe Extension | 037303 | B&H Photo Video Just long enough to hold two Sennheiser receivers.
I've also got a K-Tek riser that I managed to pickup very cheaply: K-Tek | K-OSE Offset Shoe Extender | K-OSE | B&H Photo Video

Olof Ekbergh October 23rd, 2009 06:07 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Dooling (Post 1436671)
can you post a pic of the plate on the camera? thx

Here are some photos of plate both on EX3 all pimped out, and on an EX1.

Plate can be customized to accept any receivers.

Contact me if you have any questions.
Olof@WestsideAV.com

I also make the baseplates and I am working on a shoulder mount system.

David Issko October 23rd, 2009 02:28 PM

I velcro attach my receiver on the back of the VF Gadget's base plate, which extends downwards under the batteries.

Cuong Dinh October 23rd, 2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry J. Weckesser (Post 1436375)
I am using this with my EX1 to mount a Nanoflash and a battery to power the Nano and the camera. QR Pro2 Model

I have one QR Pro2 for sale $80. If you interest to buy, pm to me.

Christoph Gelfand October 24th, 2009 09:56 AM

Please check out this (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdc...-wireless.html) thread about the VFGadgets plate modified to accomodate the Zacuto red plate and two BEC boxes for Lectro wireless. It's a pretty solid setup and gives you the proper backweight you need.

Ted OMalley November 4th, 2009 02:07 PM

With the DM-Accessories base plate, there is a rear hinged plate for a battery that will hold at least one opposite the battery.