DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   How i can attach a wireless mic receiver to hot shoe? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/472979-how-i-can-attach-wireless-mic-receiver-hot-shoe.html)

Giannis Pass February 16th, 2010 12:04 PM

How i can attach a wireless mic receiver to hot shoe?

Hello,
i have a Senheisser wireless mic receiver and i need to attach it to my EX1r.
What is the suggested way?
I am thinking for the hot shoe but i need something for it.

Chad Johnson February 16th, 2010 12:22 PM

There is an accessory that comes with the Sennheiser units that is a hot shoe mount. It's the part with silver bent wire that cradles the receiver, and has a black plastic piece that fits the hot shoe and screws down tight. It comes with every sennheiser receiver.

Perrone Ford February 16th, 2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad Johnson (Post 1486835)
There is an accessory that comes with the Sennheiser units that is a hot shoe mount. It's the part with silver bent wire that cradles the receiver, and has a black plastic piece that fits the hot shoe and screws down tight. It comes with every sennheiser receiver.

It's also a royal PITA! Unless the hotshoe on the EX1r has been changed, the Sennheiser shoe mount is too thick to slide in and needs to be filed down to work.

Giannis Pass February 16th, 2010 01:06 PM

Thanks for the reply.
I have lost this accessory, two years ago and now i need it.
Is it possible to order it from Senheisser?

Chad Johnson February 16th, 2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giannis Pass (Post 1486852)
Thanks for the reply.
I have lost this accessory, two years ago and now i need it.
Is it possible to order it from Senheisser?

Try making a phone call to B&H or Sennheiser. I'm sure they are available.

Chad Johnson February 16th, 2010 01:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Perrone, I have the EX1 (nor R) and the shoe mount works just fine - not tight to push in at all. But I don't put my G3 directly in my camera's shoe mount anyway. I prefer to use one of these:

Rycote | 037303 Hot Shoe Extension | 037303 | B&H Photo Video

It will hold a light AND my wireless. Then I use a Rode SM5 placed in my camera's mic holder to support my microphones: Rode | SM5 - Shotgun Microphone Suspension | SM5 | B&H Photo

So I can comfortably fit 3 accessories on my camera. I'll try to attach a photo here:

Perrone Ford February 16th, 2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad Johnson (Post 1486861)
Perrone, I have the EX1 (nor R) and the show mount works just fine - not tight to push in at all. But I don't put my G3 directly in my camera's show mount anyway. I prefer to use one of these:

You have a G3, I have a G2. I wonder if they are different.

Chad Johnson February 16th, 2010 01:57 PM

I have G2 and G3. They both seem the same. Try turning the square thing that goes into the shoe mount 90 degrees. Or just loosen the round thing you screw down to secure the mount to the shoe.

It's only plastic anyway, so a little filing would be easy if it really needs it. I had to file down my Rode SM3 shockmount so it would work with an HV20 camera - and that was a PITA as it's metal. Anyway that hotshoe extension is awesome for the price and now I can fit all I need. They even have one twice the length for twice the price if you want to put a bunch of stuff on.

Olof Ekbergh February 16th, 2010 02:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
You can also use a system like mine where there is a wing for attaching wireless mics etc, without putting more stress on the somewhat under designed tripod mount on the EX1.

And it also has options for a shoulder mount system that balances the EX1 cams much better when off the sticks.

My site:Stronger Tripod Plates . NanoFlash Brackets . Sliders by Westside A V

Or contact me for more info:
olof@westsideav.com

Dave Morrison February 16th, 2010 08:06 PM

Here you go, Giannis:

Sennheiser | CA2 Shoemount Adapter | CA2 | B&H Photo Video

dave

James Huenergardt February 17th, 2010 04:58 PM

I have the G2 and mine mounts just fine to my EX1, no filing required.

Adam Reuter February 17th, 2010 08:31 PM

No issues with my Evolution G2 hotshoe unit.

Perrone Ford February 17th, 2010 09:24 PM

Hmm. I need to revisit this then. I got two of those mount kits and had the same issue with both.

Bob Grant February 17th, 2010 11:18 PM

We've got something like 8x G2 kits and several G3 kits, never had an issue getting them to fit any cold shoe on any camera.
There are some cold shoe attachments that are too thick to fit some of the Sony cold shoes. I've also seen users get mighty confused because some of the cold shoes on some cameras have tiny stops at one end. These typically have an arrow...and yet...:)

Eugene J. Kulak February 18th, 2010 05:34 PM

Hey Giannis, when you get the new shoe mount insert into the camera from the front, not the rear. The rear has a stop built into it so the opening is smaller. At least on my EX1 it is.

Gene...