DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Help! Outputting EX 3 to Beta SX deck via SDI (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/484034-help-outputting-ex-3-beta-sx-deck-via-sdi.html)

Darryl Murphy August 30th, 2010 06:08 AM

Help! Outputting EX 3 to Beta SX deck via SDI

Hey everyone,

I've got a client who wants the footage I shot transferred to Beta SX. I hooked my EX 3 up to the deck via the SDI port and nothing is happening. The deck is not seeing the camera. The deck is fine, it sees other inputs just not my camera. I've set the camera up to output SD coming out and turned off the ILink which apparently negates the SDI out on the camera but nothing is working. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

Darryl Murphy

Bruce Rawlings August 30th, 2010 10:01 AM

I do this all the time with an EX1. Is it a dodgy bnc connection at the camera end the socket can be quite fussy? Try another cable. Do you have an SDI monitor? If so see if pictures can be seen on that straight from the camera.

Darryl Murphy August 30th, 2010 10:34 AM

Hi Bruce,

I haven't tried another cable yet, that was my next step. I used the same cable to test the output a couple of days ago successfully. That's why this is so confusing as to why the deck doesn't see it. Thanks for your help and any other advice you can give.

Darryl

Andrew Stone August 30th, 2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Rawlings (Post 1564196)
Do you have an SDI monitor? If so see if pictures can be seen on that straight from the camera.

or even use a BNC to RCA female adapter then run to a cheapo TV or VCR to test the signal if you don't have a monitor with a SDI connection.

Darryl Murphy August 30th, 2010 12:35 PM

I have tested it on a monitor to see if that works and the monitor is not seeing the camera either. Thanks for responding!

Bruce Rawlings August 30th, 2010 02:45 PM

I know it is silly but are you set to down rez from hd to standard SDI?

Darryl Murphy August 30th, 2010 06:04 PM

Yes I am and the ILink is disabled. I'm testing another cable tomorrow and hopefully that's the issue. Thanks for your help.

Bruce Rawlings August 31st, 2010 01:16 AM

Have just come into office and checked our EX1 for SDI out. Have gone to Video Set in the menu and made sure that yPbPr/SDI out select is on SD. All is working fine transferring to a BetaSX DNW75.

Darryl Murphy August 31st, 2010 12:38 PM

Hi Bruce,

Went through all the steps again this time with a new BNC cable and everything worked flawlessly. Thanks for all your help, it's much appreciated.

Darryl

Bruce Rawlings September 1st, 2010 05:54 AM

A pleasure Darryl. The BNC socket on the EX1 has driven me crazy with its fussiness in accepting particular broadcast spec cables.