DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Transcend Class 10 SDHC - Quality Problems? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/499871-transcend-class-10-sdhc-quality-problems.html)

Zach Love August 22nd, 2011 03:21 PM

Transcend Class 10 SDHC - Quality Problems?

At work we've been using the 16GB Trascend Class 10 cards for the last year w/o problem. (We've purchased 12 over the course of the year.)

We ordered 4 from B&H & they worked, but were getting stuck in the MxR adapter. Returned them & the new cards are also sometimes getting a little stuck in the adapter, but worse they aren't being recognized by the camera.

They mount fine on my Mac & I've reformated them, but when they're put into the MxR adapter & in the EX1r, the camera just doesn't acknowledge that any media is in the camera.

With so much good experience with them over the last year I was having lots of faith in them (we had constant trouble with SanDisk Ultra Class 4 cards). Now it seems like their quality has gone down.

Anyone else having problems?

Bo Skelmose August 22nd, 2011 06:27 PM

Re: Transcend Class 10 SDHC - Quality Problems?

Hi
I have used trancend 16gB cards without any problem. I have bought some Transcend 32gB cards and my EX3 sometimes say that they need to be formatted - ejecting the kensington adaper with the card and reinserting them solves the problem so maybe something have changed...

Zach Love August 23rd, 2011 01:26 PM

Have you gotten any recently?

I have 16 total, 12 are flawless (ordered in three batches over the course of a year), but it is just the most recent 4 that are problematic.

Marcus Durham August 23rd, 2011 02:16 PM

We've been through this before with the Class 6 cards. One minute they were fine, then after a certain point they became unreliable in the EX cameras. There is simply no guarantee of quality when cards are made to price and not specification.

Choose a Sandisk or ATP card and you'll be fine. ATP for example only produce their cards in one factory so there shouldn't be variations. Other companies may move manufacturing around to different plants depending on where is cheapest.

Colin Rowe August 26th, 2011 07:12 AM

Transcend UK currently have a recall programme under way regarding the following numbered cards.
"Serial Numbers subject to recall are: 446136 XXXX and 446121 XXXX
(XXXX represents numbers from 0001 to 9999)"
A fast, responsible course of action by Transcend.

Duncan Craig August 26th, 2011 07:49 AM

I've just bought eight new Class 10 - 16GB for my EX1 from Amazon UK. Ran them through the camera and found no problems yet. None of mine were in the affected recalled serial number range either.

I can hit record, stop it and then hit record straight away with no issues, of course it doesn't record anything until it has closed the previous clip, but it doesn't cause errors and never has.

Still using old firmware and original MxM adaptors.

Duncan.

John Peterson September 4th, 2011 06:15 AM

Check the serial numbers on your recently purchased cards:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-h...ml#post1679385

John

Marcus Durham September 4th, 2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan Craig (Post 1677778)
Still using old firmware and original MxM adaptors.

Duncan.

The firmware can't be that "old" as if it was then the camera would throw up an error if you tried to record while the red light on the card slot was still on. The fact you can't indicates you have recent enough firmware to begin with.