DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   XDCAM Browser and Avid MXF files? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/503487-xdcam-browser-avid-mxf-files.html)

David Morgan December 11th, 2011 11:15 PM

XDCAM Browser and Avid MXF files?

Do I have this right?
In order to use the new XDCAM Browser ver 2 and convert the files to MXF for Avid MC, I have to buy the Main Concept Conversion Plug-in for $360.00? I am stunned...

Mac OS 10.6
XDCAM EX
Avid MC ver 5.5

Geert Geerits December 12th, 2011 06:01 AM

Re: XDCAM Browser and Avid MXF files?

You don't need to convert the files.
In Avid link to the volume with AMA.

David Morgan December 12th, 2011 09:35 AM

Yes I know about AMA but I want to be able to re-wrap the clips to MXF as well.

Thx for the reply

Bill Ward December 12th, 2011 10:43 AM

XDCam2.0 doesn't have the "export .mxf for NLE" option once you've loaded all the clips? I'd be shocked if you have to buy a plug in. My version of XDCam Browser 1.1 has the pathway: File>Export>export mxf for NLE pathway readily available.

Of course, you could always download the legacy "XDCamEX Clipbrowser" software and do your mxf export that way. Or just use XDCam Browser 1.1.

David Morgan December 12th, 2011 11:55 AM

Seems to be the fact. I have an older version of clip browser but I will be updating to Mac OS Lion soon and their seems to be mixed results trying the older software.

Dave Sperling December 12th, 2011 12:09 PM

Once you select clips in the exploerer window of XDcamBrowser2, just right click and choose the "Export | MXF for NLEs" option.
XDcamBrowser2 seems to operate very much the same that EX Clip Browser 2.6 did, except it 'sees' xdcam discs as well and combines some of the disc functionality as well.
I just upgraded last week and have been pretty happy so far, my only issue is that the animated Acquisition tab that showed a lot of the dynamic camera metadata is now part of a paid-for upgrade that I don't otherwide need...
Part of the reason for my updating was that EX Clip Browser had trouble with certain files recorded with the newest firmware (1.20) for the F3, so I'd recommend updating your system...

David Morgan December 12th, 2011 12:28 PM

Your not getting the message about trial version and watermarking? I have the convert clips to MXF option checked in the preferences tab

Dave Sperling December 12th, 2011 12:45 PM

Trial Version / Watermarking message usually appears if exporting (transcoding) to XDcamHD or XDcamHD422 -- or if converting to Windows Media.
There should be no message (or watermark) if exporting (rewrapping) to 'MXF for NLEs'

Are you using the right-click menu or the "File | Export | MXF for NLEs" menu structure ?

David Morgan December 12th, 2011 01:01 PM

The later. Didn't try the first method. Thought the later was the only way. Will try your way tonight

Malcolm Hamilton December 13th, 2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Sperling (Post 1703084)
Once you select clips in the exploerer window of XDcamBrowser2, just right click and choose the "Export | MXF for NLEs" option

Dave is absolutely right. I'm using XDCAM EX Clip Browser 2.06, and I just do what Dave says above: select clips and then right-click and choose 'Export MXF for NLE'.
I'm still on Snow Leopard, however. Maybe Lion messes things up.

Regards,
Malcolm

David Morgan December 13th, 2011 11:19 AM

seems to work by the right click method.
Thanks for the help....

Would like to find a link to XDCAM Browser ver 2 manual somewhere....I'll post

btw, if your using clip browser, you might want to take a look at the new XDCAM Browser ver 2. It's the replacement for clip browser. Much nicer interface

Luc De Wandel December 13th, 2011 12:55 PM

Edit: Double post: attached the PDF-file in another thread