DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Changing Back up battery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/513790-changing-back-up-battery.html)

Aldo Visaggio January 26th, 2013 09:56 AM

Changing Back up battery

Hello
I've finally had to replace my EX1 back battery situated at the bottom of the camera. I followed the directions, purchased the correct battery, installed it. Unfortunately I cannot get rid of " change back up battery" warning message. It's driving me nuts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You Aldo

Chris Soucy January 26th, 2013 04:15 PM

Re: Changing Back up battery

Hi, Aldo............

I'm not at all familiar with that particular camera, so this is just an uninformed guess.

Assuming the replacement went in the right way round, so is not the source of your problems, the only thing I can suggest is to make note of any special settings you may have in the camera menu's (if possible) then do a "hard" reset of same.

No, I have no idea how to do that on a EX,1 but the manual should have something to say about it.

CS

Dave Sperling January 26th, 2013 10:08 PM

did you confirm freshness of new battery with a voltmeter before installing?

Aldo Visaggio January 27th, 2013 09:13 AM

Thank you both for chiming in on this issue. I have tried everything except for checking the freshness of the replacement battery. I assumed it would be good as I bought brand new but that will definitely be my next step because I can't think of anything else and it is very good idea. I will let you now and thanks for you help.
Cheers, Aldo

John Peterson January 28th, 2013 09:14 PM

There is nothing special about the replacement of the battery that would indicate that it needs any sort of reset.

Here are the relevant pages for the replacement of the CR2032 battery.

Backup Battery - Sony EXMOR PMW-EX1 User Manual [Page 120]

John

Aldo Visaggio January 29th, 2013 06:32 AM

I have checked the battery and it's fresh as a daisy. I've also tried everything I could possibly think of as well as many things others have thought of. ( John ) on changing the battery, which i did and it was very straight forward. I still cannot get rid of the back up battery warning nor can i gain the camera or get access to the direct menu. It's a mystery.

John Peterson January 29th, 2013 09:54 AM

Have you tried the "reset all" function? I guess you can't get to it probably.

John

Aldo Visaggio January 29th, 2013 12:00 PM

first thing i did after installing the new battery was do a reset all

Chris Soucy January 29th, 2013 04:48 PM

Aldo.............

You obviously have a way of checking the battery voltage. Do you, by chance, still have the old battery you replaced?

If it's to hand, check the voltage on it.

It is conceivable there was actually nothing wrong with it, but there is a fault in the connected circuitry, which is why it won't clear with a fresh replacement.

Running out of other options at this point.

CS

Aldo Visaggio February 2nd, 2013 03:20 PM

Very interesting you should say that. I did indeed check the old battery and it read perfectly fine at 3 volts. So I would agree there was never anything wrong with battery but it sure fooled me. I will have to have it checked by sony.
Thank You everyone for your responses. I will let you all know how it turns out in case it's something that happens to you.

H.J. van der Haak August 22nd, 2016 09:49 AM

Hi,

I see you had a problem with thesony ex1
Can you please tell me what was wrong with your ex1 and what Sony did to repair it?
I have the same problem with the ex1. It keeps telling that I should replace the back-up battery, but I did.

Hope to hear from you soon

Best regards,
Herman