DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Unsupported media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/520256-unsupported-media.html)

Daniel Ridicki November 27th, 2013 10:53 AM

Re: Unsupported media

OK. How do I install new firmware? Any link? Never did it. Still have original firmware the camera came with. Which is V1.04_0084
Thanks.

Daniel Ridicki November 27th, 2013 11:11 AM

Tried to find the firmware, but it seems it is not available on the net. Anyone can direct me to the link I can download the firmware from.
Thanks.

George Odell November 27th, 2013 12:30 PM

Here is the link but it appears yours is too old to update without contacting Sony for some further assistance.

Perhaps someone who owns an EX3 will offer some help on what needs to be done for you to upgrade.

Sony | Micro Site XDCAM

Upgrading to at least V10 will let you use the cheaper SDHC cards should you come to find out, though I doubt, your five SxS cards are toast. Check this discussion for more information.

Leonard Levy December 7th, 2013 02:58 AM

Keep us informed.

Daniel Ridicki December 7th, 2013 04:10 PM

Well, the camera is at only authorized service centre here. no sound from them for almost a week.... am skeptical... will share info once I get my camera back.

Les Wilson December 8th, 2013 05:35 PM

I am sure this is not the problem but I seem to remember (insert sound of clearing cobwebs) something about if a card has DV files on it, that the XDCAM utilities are restricted. Something about this thread made me remember that. Not sure, it's an old memory. FWIW

Daniel Ridicki March 6th, 2014 03:59 AM

OK just to conclude this tread. The camera came back today. It was at the repair shop from November. Apparently, for reason unknown, two boards had to be replaced. They could not told me why the boards died out. Quite spooky, as nothing unusual was done with the camera. Just died in the course of filming. Nothing I could think of could have sparkled this.

So, it is here, it works, I am more then a thousand $ lighter in my pocket... WTH. Sorry for not being able to provide some experience other could benefit from. Hope none other will have this experience.

Bob Jackson March 7th, 2014 09:20 PM

I have heard rumors of people bricking their camera trying to update the EX-1 themselves.
I had this happen to me when i tried to update an earlier version.

Sony did get it back up and running in a few hours.
Could this have wrecked your camera?
unlikely Sony would say...

Robin Probyn March 9th, 2014 02:22 AM

Long shot but.. where the cards used in 50mbps UDF file mode at all,in another camera.. PMW200 etc you would then get the un supported media message.. back in your FAT mode camera.. but this wouldn't kill any boards of course .. !!

Daniel Ridicki March 10th, 2014 06:45 AM

No, no. One moment ll was fine, next one all the cards were gone. Well, actually they were not, as they are all healthy, now that boards are replaced. The camera jut did not see them m or rather not able to read or record onto them. Perhaps there was some sort of short circuit due to tropical humidity. Who knows.

Kevin Spahr March 19th, 2014 05:53 AM

Do you keep your camera in a air tight or sealed case?

I remember reading in this thread that some people thought these cases caused corrosion on the camera circuit boards by trapping condensation inside the case.

Just a thought...

Daniel Ridicki March 20th, 2014 07:00 PM

No, I did not. Never mind, I guess things brake at one point. This was the case here. The good thing is that camera works as new now, so for some time I don't have to think of buying new one.