DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   List of Sony Authorized dealers for F3 in the US? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/488151-list-sony-authorized-dealers-f3-us.html)

Giuseppe Pugliese November 28th, 2010 10:17 AM

List of Sony Authorized dealers for F3 in the US?

I'm trying to find Sony Authorized dealers for F3 in the USA but can't find an actual list anywhere...

Someone have any info?

Brian Drysdale November 28th, 2010 10:40 AM

Abel Cine is:

Now Accepting Orders for Sony?s PMW-F3

I'd imagine the CineAlta dealers would the people that will handle it.

Band Pro would be another company http://www.bandpro.com/products/new-...6-sony-f3.html.

Andy Shipsides November 28th, 2010 12:13 PM

We are accepting orders now. Just to be fair though and to answer the question. The dealers that I know of (In the US) are: AbelCineTech, Band Pro, B&H, EC Pro, and MidTown Video. Their are probably more.

I posted a video blog on the F3 on our site here: Hands-on with the Sony PMW-F3 | CineTechnica

Brian Drysdale November 28th, 2010 12:29 PM

In the longer term, it would be best to check at Sony when they actually release their list of F3 dealers.

I imagine in the mean time it would be possible to work out the most likely dealers for the camera. I know one UK Sony dealer is promoting it on their website.

Giuseppe Pugliese November 29th, 2010 12:32 AM

anyone know of an authorized dealer in California?

Andrew Stone November 29th, 2010 01:03 AM

Guiseppe,

Able Cine Tech has a store in Burbank.

Giuseppe Pugliese November 29th, 2010 02:35 AM

Thank you very much for all the replies

Giuseppe Pugliese December 5th, 2010 07:17 PM

Does anyone know if Full Compass will be carrying the F3?

Junior Chan December 23rd, 2010 09:27 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yes we are accepting Pre-orders for the PMW-F3 as well.

Contact our sales team for details and visit our new site:PMW-F3 Super 35MM

Don Parrish January 12th, 2011 08:04 AM

I wanted to see an PMW EX3 first hand, I searched their professional site "find a retailer" page, I put in the model # and my zip and the maximum 1500 mile radius and it returned "0" dealers. If there are that few dealers in the U.S. just list them. I am so enthused with sony gear but continuously disappointed by the disfunctional website.

Hello SONY, would someone in the company please wake up.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/service...ylanding.shtml

UPDATE If you use this page you have to put in the dashes "pmw-ex3 not pmw ex3" there is no pull down menu you have to type in the model #. The company that they listed did not sell pro gear.

Dave Sperling January 12th, 2011 09:55 AM

Don,
Are you looking for an EX3 or an F3 ?
I'm sure you'd have plenty of places to look at an EX3, since they've been on the market for a couple of years.
But if you're looking for a hands-on at a dealer with an F3, you'll either have to stop by an event where it's being shown, or wait until the camera is released and dealers actually have it in their showrooms. I suspect that it won't really be available in dealer showrooms until it's actually available and purchasable. Most of the many people who have pre-ordered the F3 have presumably seen it at an intro event and been impressed enough by its look and features to pre-order.

James Houk January 12th, 2011 10:02 AM

I haven't even seen the F3 in person, but the footage, preproduction DP reviews and specs have me sold. I'm on preorder with EC Pro out of New York, NY.

If it's the EX3 that you want hands on with, and you're not near a Sony dealer, you could consider sweettalking your local camera rental house into letting you play with one either in house or for a half-day for free or cheap.

If you give the impression that you're considering renting one for a future shoot they're likely to at least let you check it out in the equipment room for 15 minutes, and may give you a generous offer on taking it out on the town for five hours.

As an EX1 owner, I can say that they're impressive little cameras for the price, small quibbles not withstanding.

Giuseppe Pugliese January 12th, 2011 10:05 AM

I agree, they really should just put the list up. It would take a web-developer no more than a short time to post links and info on the site.

They are very slow to update their websites, including the CineAlta/Production ones.

James Houk January 12th, 2011 10:07 AM

When I placed my order EC Pro had I think 5 slots left in their initial order.

Don Parrish January 12th, 2011 10:18 AM

Dave I was just looking for a hands on dealer for pro equipment. The OP was asking for a list of dealers for the F3 and I was explaining my frustration with sony's site. Once I found out what I was doing wrong on the search page, the dealers listed didn't appear to be brick and mortar. There websites either listed nothing or didn't carry pro gear at all, and that is after there search page directed me to that site for that specific model. Just frustrated with sonys site. As far as I can tell, Florida lacks a well stocked sony store. ( or a well stocked pro video store of any kind ).