DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   Announcement on 17th? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/490286-announcement-17th.html)

Nate Weaver January 17th, 2011 12:29 PM

Announcement on 17th?

The twitter feed from Sony USA, "CineAlta News" mentioned they would have an announcement today of some sort.

Considering I'm at about 95% on pulling the trigger on this cam, and am in line at a retailer, I figured I'd ask here if anybody caught a changed website or other communique today. It is 1:30pm New Jersey (Sony) time and I've seen nothing in a cursory search.

It pains me to start a thread on an "announcement" because it creates a lot of noise on other boards, so feel free NOT to respond until something actually happens :). Just a placeholder for hopefully something worth talking about soon.

James Houk January 17th, 2011 12:35 PM

Notes on Video has indicated that Sony has a promotional Blu-ray disc for the PMW-F3 that you can get for free.

They posted this today (the 17th) and say this is *not* today's "new information" announcement from Sony.

Notes On Video: Sony PMW-F3 Blu-ray Disc

Nate Weaver January 17th, 2011 06:31 PM

Hrrm.

via Twitter, @CineAltaNews:

"PMW-F3, new information release pushed to tomorrow! Sorry for delay"

David C. Williams January 17th, 2011 07:06 PM

Hopefully it's finalising the package included, release date, and perhaps some international pricing. I have not been able to get any dealer here in AU to give me anything more than ballpark pricing, but they are very keen for me to put down a deposit...

Tony Partamian January 17th, 2011 11:32 PM

Hope it's 4:2:2 50mbs on-board

Updates, no changes to production schedule. Pre-production units do not represent feature implementation on soon, shipping units

Giuseppe Pugliese January 18th, 2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Weaver (Post 1608375)
The twitter feed from Sony USA, "CineAlta News" mentioned they would have an announcement today of some sort.

Considering I'm at about 95% on pulling the trigger on this cam, and am in line at a retailer, I figured I'd ask here if anybody caught a changed website or other communique today. It is 1:30pm New Jersey (Sony) time and I've seen nothing in a cursory search.

It pains me to start a thread on an "announcement" because it creates a lot of noise on other boards, so feel free NOT to respond until something actually happens :). Just a placeholder for hopefully something worth talking about soon.

I pre-ordered mine already, and have been very close with Sony these past few months, including going to all the meetings I can honestly say I have no idea what this could be about. I have a feeling this might be anti-climatic, like a shipping date info, which quite frankly is not really news as it is an update.

If it was a price drop, extra lens, free upgrade to Slogs instead of paid, or higher internal codec, thats what I would consider "news". Other wise I'll just be here waiting, for that box to arrive.

EDIT: Could this be about the R1 recorder? They could be announcing the pricing and availability of that. It didn't have to directly be about the F3...

Peter Corbett January 18th, 2011 03:14 AM

50mbs or cheap(!) 4:4:4 recorder would be nice!

Giuseppe Pugliese January 18th, 2011 10:28 AM

any update to this??

Nate Weaver January 18th, 2011 04:08 PM

via Twitter, again:

"New info: PMW-F3, #3DLink releasing April with initial feature set. 2nd release of firmware scheduled September, remaining functionality"

"New info: PMW-F3, Power zoom design specs have changed, originally 15x. New design will be 14x"

"PMW-F3, #3DLink firmware, two keys to work, one for each PMW-F3. 3DLink cable will also be required. Combine with Genlock, 700 Protocol"

"PMW-F3, S-log, 3G, Dual Link HD-SDI will be one firmware package and available in April"

Joe Carney January 18th, 2011 06:02 PM

Just in time for NAB. Maybe I will go this year.

Giuseppe Pugliese January 18th, 2011 09:32 PM

"PMW-F3, S-log, 3G, Dual Link HD-SDI will be one firmware package and available in April"

Now that is a nice update, originally they were talking about the 3G and S-log separate from the dual link prices, now its just one flat price, I just hope its not going to jump the cost even higher.

Theres still no information on a lot of stuff... which concerns me considering a month away or less from the camera being in stores

Andrew Stone January 18th, 2011 11:12 PM

Interesting development in the all-in-one software upgrade.

Anyone know when the target date is for the Sony external 444 recorder that is paired for the F3?