DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   F3 launch and availability (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/491254-f3-launch-availability.html)

Ola Christoffersson February 4th, 2011 04:52 PM

F3 launch and availability

It seems like the arrival of the first F3:s is imminent. May I suggest that we use this thread to report word on delivery dates and the arrival of the cameras in different parts of the world?

Ola Christoffersson February 7th, 2011 12:38 PM

CVP Mitcorp just changed their availability status for the F3 without lenses from "In stock 14 feb" to "Available soon". I wonder which is sooner?

Alister Chapman February 7th, 2011 04:05 PM

I heard today that the cameras will be arriving sometime in the next two weeks, possibly even by the end of this week. However initial quantities are limited.

Peter Ford February 8th, 2011 04:24 AM

Are Sony showing one on their stand at the broadcast expo next week?

I can see it being a bit of a bun fight at Sony's stand

Alister Chapman February 8th, 2011 08:43 AM

I believe they will. I was planning on showing a pair on my 3D rig on the Manfrotto booth, but delivery delays may prevent that.

James Houk February 9th, 2011 01:39 PM

I'm at the top of EC Pro's list, and they're telling me it will ship from NY on Friday or Monday. I'm thinking their order is coming from California, so West Coast orders might start shipping this week...

In short, I expect to have the camera in about 1 week. Say, next Wednesday.

Now, just hoping my Nikon adapter doesn't get slowed down by customs...

Jim Tittle February 9th, 2011 04:45 PM

Local dealer here in Minnesota says the first 4 cameras will arrive late next week. Unfortunately, I'm #5 on their list. They assure me that mine will get here in a year or so.

Leonard Levy February 9th, 2011 10:11 PM

My local dealer Snader in San Francisco says that haven't heard a word from Sony yet - maybe March. Do you think they are playing favorites and sending to some dealers much earlier than others. This T's me off as I always use Snader and I can check it out locally first.

David C. Williams February 9th, 2011 10:19 PM

They definitely are playing favourites here in AU. A number of dealers I've spoken too have said they were not allowed to get any from the first batch, and they are not sure if they might not get excluded for awhile.

It might be that the limited early dealer availability is the result of the low numbers produced so far, and Sony wanting to hit their release date.

Jim Tittle February 10th, 2011 08:14 AM

I think all of this is Sony marketing strategy. They're creating scarcity to generate demand. Normally, I'd wait til the dust settled, but I'm really sick of shooting with the 5D. I know a lot of other guys who are, too.

Thierry Humeau February 10th, 2011 08:46 PM

Sick of the 5D too but I may miss the shallow depth of field on wide lenses. The super 35 footprint doesn't quite get you that.

T.

Jim Tittle February 10th, 2011 09:29 PM

I know exactly what you're talking about, and I'll miss it, too.

Timur Civan February 11th, 2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Tittle (Post 1616597)
I think all of this is Sony marketing strategy. They're creating scarcity to generate demand. Normally, I'd wait til the dust settled, but I'm really sick of shooting with the 5D. I know a lot of other guys who are, too.

+1
If it werent a great still camera i would stick in the furnace.

Junior Chan February 25th, 2011 03:11 PM

Re: F3 launch and availability

Got a shipment today, we have one available PMW-F3K. Contact our sales department sales@ecprovideo.com for more info.

PMW-F3 Super 35MM
Build a Sony PMW-F3 Package

Steve Strickle February 26th, 2011 04:38 AM

Ditched the 5D and no looking back. My GH2 suites me well and the Zuiko 35-100/f2 glass is what I'd deal a legend! ;-)

David C. Williams February 26th, 2011 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Strickle (Post 1622263)
Ditched the 5D and no looking back. My GH2 suites me well and the Zuiko 35-100/f2 glass is what I'd deal a legend! ;-)

I love a good non sequitur as well as the next person, but this one is beyond me? Relates to F3 launch and availability how?