DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   Run/Stop? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/493707-run-stop.html)

David C. Williams March 28th, 2011 02:23 AM

Run/Stop?

Does anyone know if the 8-pin remote can take a basic run/stop button? There isn't a lanc or Fuji port hidden somewhere is there?

Dan Keaton March 28th, 2011 09:04 AM

Re: Run/Stop?

Dear David,

According to my research, the answer is no.

However, for a definitive answer, I would check with Sony.

Nick Hiltgen March 29th, 2011 10:29 AM

Dan are you sure? That remote port looks exactly every remote port I've used for every sony camera I've used (f900, ex3, pdw700 etc) which can take an rmb-150 which does include a start stop button for recording on board. But maybe I misread? David do you just mean a single button that only stops and starts? Not actually using a remotepaint box to stop and start the cam? Does someone actually make a start stop button to sony 8 pin?

NIck

Dan Keaton March 29th, 2011 10:54 AM

Dear Nick,

I stand corrected.

The pin-out of the Sony F3 appears to indicate that a cable could be built to start and stop the camera.

Our next challenge is to determine what connector to use.

David C. Williams March 29th, 2011 03:49 PM

I am looking to make a run/stop cable for a BFD receiver. I have the pinouts thanks to Nate, but same as Dan, stumped by the plug :D

Nate Weaver March 29th, 2011 08:28 PM

I thought those were Hirose plugs?

Aaron Newsome March 29th, 2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Weaver (Post 1633149)
I thought those were Hirose plugs?

I thought they were hirose as well.

Dan Keaton March 30th, 2011 04:47 AM

Dear Friends,

They may be.

We have an F3 in our Lab and I will have our team check it out.

David C. Williams March 30th, 2011 05:25 AM

Pretty sure it's a Tajimi. It's identical to my Fujinon 8-pin controller, but the next size down.

Dan Keaton March 30th, 2011 07:23 AM

Dear David,

Are you referring to the standard Lens to Camera connector?

If so, those are Hirose.

Andrew Stone March 30th, 2011 03:49 PM

Just to be clear, aren't we talking about the 8 pin connector labeled "REMOTE" found on the back of the camera on the rightmost side that is largely used as a paint box connector but it should have run/stop capabilities.

This paint box unit has a run/stop button in the upper right hand side of the console...

Sony RMB-750 Remote Control Unit for BVP/HDC RMB750 B&H Photo

Dan Keaton March 30th, 2011 04:12 PM

Dear Andrew,

Yes, we are talking about the Remote Connector.

Nick Hiltgen March 31st, 2011 03:00 PM

I'm pretty sure this is a proprietary sony connector though it's similar to a hirosi. I had an rmp 150 open on a gig yesterday doing some light repair work and I forgot to trace back the rec/run button to a pin out. If we can figure the pin out and someone can find a connector it wouldn't be too hard to fool it into starting and stopping. On the other hand there's a ton of circuitry in those little rmb there might be something more convoluted then a simple start stop signal.

Dan Keaton March 31st, 2011 05:25 PM

Dear Nick,

We currently feel that we can design a start/stop.

We just need to determine the exact connector.

David C. Williams March 31st, 2011 06:34 PM

I had a closer look, and your right it's not the Tajimi as the key is in the wrong place. It might be the Hirose MXR, but I don't have one to confirm just pics on the net.