DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   New F3 items anyone at NAB have pictures or prices? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/494446-new-f3-items-anyone-nab-have-pictures-prices.html)

Nick Hiltgen April 11th, 2011 04:42 PM

New F3 items anyone at NAB have pictures or prices?

So as rumored Sony has announced the SRR1 it's on the website but I've yet to see any prices. Also sony has posted a place holder for the SCLP 11x15 which is wide PL zoom does anyone have a pic or price for that at NAB? Has anyone seen a price on the CBKRGB01 it's the 444 upgrade, I've heard rumors all over the place but no one seems to have concrete information.

P.S. I jsut got my F3K on thursday and I love it, I'm slightly annoyed that it has almost the same specs as the NEXFS100 but I feel like the lenses and the ability to get the "raw" and 444 out (as well as just an HD-SDI out make the f3 worth the price difference... maybe)

Jason Bodnar April 11th, 2011 08:19 PM

re: New F3 items anyone at NAB have pictures or prices?

CBKRGB01 Firmware upgrade has listed street price of 3300.00 and will have an unlock code per Sony....

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/video/chann...rder_training/

Chris Medico April 11th, 2011 11:53 PM

The answer I got today regarding the recorder is it will be about 15K bare. Once you add drives and accessories to get it working it will be mid to upper 20s.

With that as a comparison the new nano recorder is a steal at about $9k ready to shoot.

Alister Chapman April 12th, 2011 02:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I've attached a frame grab of the 1.5x wide zoom and the 18-252mm zoom. The 1.5x is no bigger than a Zeiss Ultra prime, but the zoom range is minimal, not sure it's really worth it. The 18-252 is a monster of a lens, huge!!! But has auto iris and servo zoom, very nice, but wont be cheap.

Brian Drysdale April 12th, 2011 04:16 AM

The wide angle does have a pretty useless range for everyday film making. Perhaps they're trying to fit in something different to the much more common (and useful) 17/18mm-50mm range zooms.

Tony Partamian April 12th, 2011 05:04 AM

Having the other 3 Sony Primes...i really need this wide lens.

It is a variable prime and not a zoom, so it's like having 2 primes in one lens.
And if the price is similar to the other 3 it would be great,better than getting an MTF or a Duclos.

Brian Drysdale April 12th, 2011 05:19 AM

As a 1.5 x variable focal length lens, I'd find the 17mm to 25mm range more useful than the 11-16mm range, if you've already got the primes starting at 35mm. Those are the workhorse focal lengths that you use all the time.

Nick Hiltgen April 12th, 2011 11:22 AM

I was hoping for a 25mm and maybe a 135 or so lens. But if the 11-15 is on par price and quality wise with the primes I think I'll still end up wanting to pick it up. I like the 18-252 but I shutter to think at how much more it'll cost.

Andrew Stone April 12th, 2011 10:14 PM

Tony, you might want to try out the Tokina 11-16 f2.8 with the MTF adapter before you write it off. The lens is between well under a grand is very light and gives a rectilinear image. Quite a few people are usiing them and the results are stunning. Even people who use mostly PL lenses are using it. For something less wide there is the Nikon 17-35 f2.8 and again it gives a rectilinear image and the lens quality is very good.

Andrew Stone April 12th, 2011 10:19 PM

Alister do you have a sense of the price of the 18-252 lens?

BTW I went around the Sony booth looking for you and Doug today but couldn't find you blokes.

Doug Jensen April 13th, 2011 12:03 AM

Andrew,

Sorry I missed you. I was teaching my workshop in the morning and didn't get to the booth until after 2:00. Try again tomorrow if you are still around. Would be nice to meet in person. Dennis Dillon is in the booth most of the day, too.

Peter Moretti April 13th, 2011 06:01 AM

BTW, I've read that the Sony PL lenses only work w/ the F3. Is that true? How are they prevented from working with other PL mounts?

Thanks.

David C. Williams April 13th, 2011 06:28 AM

That's not true, they are just normal PL mount lenses with Cooke /i data. Who ever wrote what you've read is obviously one of those internet experts who has never actually seen an F3 :D

Steve Cahill April 13th, 2011 07:36 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Some NAB Sony F3 related photos.
Kinotehnik.c om EVF prototype

Cheese plate, F3 viewfinder removed

Anton Bauer mounting plate 19 and 15mm rods adjustable. pic is sideways.
OConnor mounting plate, clever hinged to access mounting screws for camera

Aaron Newsome April 14th, 2011 06:48 PM

How in the heck did they slap that cheeseplate on there?