DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   Problem when using Denz-Deniz remote cable (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/514216-problem-when-using-denz-deniz-remote-cable.html)

Willy De Lauwer February 10th, 2013 05:48 AM

Problem when using Denz-Deniz remote cable

I have been using the Denz-Deniz remote cable quite successfully for some time now.
It's only recently when experimenting with different picture profiles that I noticed that when using the remote cable the camera automatically jumps to PP10 (Picture Profile #10). When using the other trigger buttons on the camera itself this does not happen. Can anybody comment?

Nate Weaver February 10th, 2013 11:59 AM

Re: Problem when using Denz-Deniz remote cable

It's intended behavior.

The reason why is the remote port was built for the RMB-150 & 750 remote panels, which control certain paint aspects of the camera.

They programmed the camera to jump to PP10 when the remote port is active so the remote panel would not modify or mess up whatever Picture Profile happened to be active...it can only "mess up" one PP, #10.

Ron Aerts February 13th, 2013 01:14 AM

I use the remote cable too. I just copy the wanted profile to PP10 before starting. Changes after connecting & powering up remain till reconnect or restart
You can arrenge smart stuff when using the remote:
see here:

Caleb Crosby February 23rd, 2013 08:50 PM

Ron

Interesting clip. How are you actually starting camera technically? I see the Focus wand has a button
of some sort but what is this wand please? and what is it connected to at the camera end?

Thanks, caleb

Caleb Crosby, soc
New Orleans

Ron Aerts February 24th, 2013 09:19 AM

Hi sorry for the late response. The receiver from my Chrosziel remote has a relay output wich can be switched by the remote. it can be selected as a short pulse or continues. I use a denz cable to the F3 with a short pulse trigger. So it is not more than a simple switch, remotely triggered.
It happens sometimes that with a glitch in RFreception the switch+LED on the remote is the opposite of what is happening at the camera. So the focuspuller thinks he stops the recording but then he is actually starting the recording. I use the SDI rec flag on my transvideo monitor to clearly indicate the camera's recording So I can see what happens and communicate with the puller. It is a pain but easy to correct.
Otherwise the setup works great for feature film stuff. Specially the wifi to the Iphone is a gift from heaven. An think of the timesaver that all the files on the different recorders (audio and film) are in sync!