DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   Problem with moving edges (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/520759-problem-moving-edges.html)

Rudy Wilms December 25th, 2013 08:42 AM

Problem with moving edges

I shot this with the sony f3 and I see a lot of moving edges does anybody know this problem?

Chris Medico December 25th, 2013 11:06 AM

Re: Problem with moving edges

Can you be more specific?

I see a bit of fluttering along strong contrast edges at the highest youtube resolution.

Do you see the effect in the source footage or only after you render out the final version?

Rudy Wilms December 25th, 2013 11:50 AM

I checked my raw files camera connected on TV and then the flutter is there but almost not noticeable.In my adobe premiere cc it is the same as on you tube especially when you do not put it on full screen same in adobe if I pul my viewing screen big the flutter is as good as gone but smaller preview screen is really bad. I never had this problem before I use the same picture profile for all my real estate videos. But my last three videos suddenly have this problem. I tested with my camera and when you put HD detail off the edges are softer and then you do not have the problem but I always used HD detail -17 aperture +20 is it better to leave HD detail off I know abelcine keeps it off but I always followed the setting from Alister.

Chris Medico December 25th, 2013 02:01 PM

Reducing the sharpening in camera is a good thing. I shoot with with detail off as well. If I need to add some sharpening I'll do it along with the color correction pass.

Rudy Wilms December 28th, 2013 06:31 PM

I did some testing and with the HD detail off it is much better.Chris what picture profile are you using?

Thanks Rudy

Darren Levine December 28th, 2013 07:56 PM

silly question.... do you have stabilization on?

Rudy Wilms December 28th, 2013 09:20 PM

No I film with prime lenses

Chris Medico December 29th, 2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Wilms (Post 1825886)
I did some testing and with the HD detail off it is much better.Chris what picture profile are you using?

Thanks Rudy

I don't have anything special in the PP other than detail off. I shoot with CINE3 gamma curve or S-Log.

Finn Yarbrough January 21st, 2014 02:06 PM

I can't see the problem in the video either, but I have sometimes encountered problems with a single vertical row of flickering pixels down the right hand side on export. If you render before sending to Media Encoder and check the box that says "maximum quality," the problem goes away.

Rudy Wilms February 2nd, 2014 08:12 PM

I turned off my HD detail on my camera and if I need to add extra sharpness I do it in post now and it looks better

Rudy Wilms February 5th, 2014 11:33 AM

this one i did with HD detail off and looks better