DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pxw-fs7-fs5/)
-   -   Sony FS5 PROBLEM (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pxw-fs7-fs5/531008-sony-fs5-problem.html)

Docea Marius January 27th, 2016 11:46 AM

Sony FS5 PROBLEM

Today I received my FS5,i have a problem..When you press 5 for direction nothing happens,I can not change ISO, shutter speed.When you press ISO BUTTON, appears A and can not change the ISO manual.Sony bug..with lens10-18 in AF this FS5 not work..wen i put len in MANUAL mode all is ok !!

Is this a bug Sony

Doug Jensen January 27th, 2016 12:43 PM

Re: Sony FS5 PROBLEM

No it is not a bug. The camera is working the way it was designed to work.
When the "A" appears it is running in auto, so naturally you cannot change the setting manually at that point.

Docea Marius January 27th, 2016 10:12 PM

Hallo Doug Jensen..this is a bug..wen FS5 lens is in manual focus mode is possible to change iso,speed f5 buttons work perfect..wen i change af lens in AF MODE,all is bloked.
Button F5 not working,and can not make any change to manual ISO,SHUTTER..this is not normal work to a videokamera 5500 USD
This happen with sony lens 10-18 mm,is a big problem from Sony..this is not normal to put lens in manual focus modoe to change ISO,SPEED SHUTER ,F5 BUTTON DIRECT..
It is still a problem to the list of fixes..Sony please if you hear that fixes the problem :-))

Nate Haustein January 27th, 2016 11:09 PM

I've noticed this too Docea, when the AF switch is on Auto, it sometimes seems that the settings cannot be activated with the quick selection button.

Doug Jensen January 28th, 2016 04:47 AM

Either I don't understand what you are saying, or you are incorrect.

I just went and got my camera out and put the Sony 18-105 lens on AF. And I still have full manual control over the exposure settings with the Direct Menu function on Assign Button #5.

What am I doing differently? Please tell me exactly how to setup the camera to recreate the issue you are noticing. I don't have the 10-18 lens you are using, but I don't see how that would make a difference.

Andy Wilkinson January 28th, 2016 05:02 AM

Not sure if this is related but I think i discovered a while back that having Face Detection on with that Sony G 18-105 kit lens means you can't access the Direct Menu via the button on the side hand grip. Not in front of my FS5 right now so would have to check/hope this helps rather than confuses anyone.

Doug Jensen January 28th, 2016 05:35 AM

Yes, Andy. I'll bet that is his issue. When Face Detect is turned on you cannot adjust the shutter speed manually no matter what method you try. It has nothing to do with the Direct Menu joystick method and it is not a bug. Just one of many limitations of the camera. Good call.

Docea Marius January 28th, 2016 05:48 AM

The problem is real with thisl lens I have lastf firmware,lens 10-18 have this problem,I testst with 28-135 work perfect.
Is a bug :-(

Louis Demontez December 13th, 2018 08:07 AM

Take face detection off and this will resolve your issue