DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Special Mounts and Applications (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/special-mounts-applications/)
-   -   Filming/Riding A Motorcycle (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/special-mounts-applications/14867-filming-riding-motorcycle.html)

Tony Teulan October 10th, 2003 05:15 AM

For all you Australian members (AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI... sorry, watching Rugby World Cup, Australia vs Argentina... I'm in 'Aussie Mode' :p), there is a service called BikeCam. Check out www.bikecam.com.au - there are VHS and miniDV models and the kit of gear (cables, cam etc) is about the size of a lunchbox. And the cam's tiny apparently.

I have been fortunate to use it for my Lady X episode ... and it's actually in the very one remaining scene I have to shoot until it is complete.

John, please re-enable my Lady X access. Thanks.

Tony Teulan October 10th, 2003 06:37 PM

Footage looked great.

Paul Moore October 16th, 2003 01:33 PM

Cant wait to see your Lady X film.

Tony Teulan October 16th, 2003 05:24 PM

Perhaps John would give me access to the Lady X Producer's Lounge again considering I have an episode mostly fllmed and, consequently, have spent a decent sum of time and money on pre-production and production to date?

Ken Tanaka October 16th, 2003 05:39 PM

Tony,
I'm the one responsible for that task. It's not going to happen and you know why. It's pointless to discuss it any further and really pointless to waste uninvolved onlookers' time with the subject here.

Good luck with your own series.

Tony Teulan October 16th, 2003 07:46 PM

Well, I have two producers looking at it for it to be developed for cable TV so I'm not complaining and we're going through that whole process with negotiations and stuff. :) My personal crew & I have been getting some great stuff shot lately, including most of a Lady X episode so I've got a good team on my hands.

Joe Romano December 7th, 2003 04:08 PM

Take a look at the stickypod -- www.stickypod.com -- they have video of a motorcyclre mount it looks good to me.

I got one with a few extentions and an extra knuckle. I like i for an inexpensive car rig, maybe you will too.

Mike Rehmus December 7th, 2003 04:28 PM

The local Chief of Police has been bugging me to put a camera on some of the Traffic motorcycles.

I like the idea of the helmetcam as long as it doesn't screw up the officer's helmet. How do you mount them without using something that will damage the paint on the helmet?

Rick Bravo December 7th, 2003 09:47 PM

Steve,

The following is a thread that also deals with the same question.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16801

Mike,

We have used the helmet cam with our bike patrol and motors. The camera and housing is light and will mount perfectly well with sticky back velcro. The adhesive will not damage the paint.

P.S.

Used the AT895 at a HEAT game. Very impressive.

RB

Mike Rehmus December 8th, 2003 12:52 AM

Thanks, Rick. Guess you survived the demonstrators too, eh?

Now I've gotta convince the chief he needs a $3500 shotgun microphone.

John C Heid January 3rd, 2004 07:03 PM

This was an AWESOME video!! Thanks for sharing. Please post more as you are able. Really miss my scoot during the KY winter. HD 99' FXDWG doesn't fare well on ice.

Mike Butler January 7th, 2004 05:26 PM

Hey I really appreciated watching Steve's video and getting in a virtual bike ride on this subfreezing winter day. Makes me miss summer, and would love to fire up my '02 FXSTD-I (Softail Deuce). OK, I'll start the engine to listen to it for a minute in the garage, but I ain't riding in 20 degree weather.

BTW, that Lynyrd Skynyrd "They Call Me the Breeze" tune was the perfect audio for this video "tour".

Alfred Plotzer July 30th, 2009 12:09 AM

x-shut

i have my small sony hdv cam mounted on my helmet with x-shut.it works perfect.on my bike i have the remote control for on/off,start/stop.

Willkomen auf Plotzer.at

watch the demo named GABERL

best regards
fred from austria

Robert Turchick October 31st, 2009 10:45 AM

Best that I've found is the ones that mount at the fuel filler cap. I also have a Contour HD with a suction and sticky mount.
I'll see if I can dig up some pics and vid

Mike Rehmus October 31st, 2009 11:07 AM

Just an update on the helmet cams:

The inexpensive cameras do not have color compensation and as the helmet swings around, the colors change. I tried several brands and returned them all.

These were used on helmets as the patrolmen were competing in the West Coast Harley-Davidson competion where they are timed around an obstacle course. Great video in black and white, major color balance changes when viewed in color.