DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/)
-   -   Cody's plans are back (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/18591-codys-plans-back.html)

Charles King December 28th, 2003 04:07 AM

Totally agree with you Matt. A steadicam or a stabilizer is useless if you don't have an operator who can operate fully. Cody has done a great job and as you can see by his clips, his been doing a lot of practice.

Just a note. If any of you have tried accessing the HBS website and it comes up negative, it's because I have to upgrade the site due to it's over use bandwidth. I am presently in Cyprus and wouldn't be home until the 4th of january. so until then hope you can bear with me until I can sort this out when I get back home. It's kinda expensive paying for the website from my own pocket.

Another thing. cody is planning on putting a how to video out soon. So keep on the alert.

Arthur To January 8th, 2004 02:33 PM

QUESTION~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey, im thinkin about buying this "Cody's plans"

but i just need a few yes or nos

does it tell you how to make vest?

does it tell you where to buy vest?

does it teach you how to do the arm (with springs)?

how much weight can his final rig support (or are there different types?) (i have a fully loaded xl1s)

if i have a glidecam 4k, should i sell it or can that be part of the rig from cody's book?

thx sooooooo much for the help.
-arthur

Brian Huey January 8th, 2004 03:28 PM

Arthur, if you have questions about it you can email Cody directly, when I had questions he would answer within 24hours. His email is plans@codydeegan.com.

It tells you how to make the vest.

It tells you how to make the arm and what springs to get for different loads (up to 37lbs)

All you would need to adapt the Glidecam is to make the connection between glidecam handle and the end of the arm. I would think this could be done and using the machined gimbal would be better then making one yourself. Check with Cody to see what he has to say before selling the thing.

BTW I bought the plans a few months ago for $65 and was very pleased with them. $35 is a great deal.

Cheers,
Brian

Charles King January 10th, 2004 05:52 AM

"BTW I bought the plans a few months ago for $65 and was very pleased with them. $35 is a great deal."

A very good deal but remember the pics in the new book arer't in color. If it was then the price would be much more. The plans you bought had color pics therefore the price was more. Generally, it's not that important.

Brian, hope to see some pics.

Charles King January 14th, 2004 05:47 PM

"does it tell you how to make vest?

does it tell you where to buy vest?

does it teach you how to do the arm (with springs)?

how much weight can his final rig support (or are there different types?) "

Well Arthur, if it didn't tell you then it won't be much of a plan now would it? ;)

Arthur To January 15th, 2004 02:28 AM

hehe sorry, im paranoid like that

Charles King January 15th, 2004 04:44 AM

It's okay. I'm like that sometimes :) I would like to see some pics if you're going to get it.

Rob Lohman February 3rd, 2004 03:16 PM

I would just like to say that I've ordered the plans from Cody.
I'm not sure if I'm up to the task of actually building something
like that, but I thought the guy did very good work and therefor
bought it. Thanks Charles & Cody!

Charles King February 3rd, 2004 04:31 PM

Glad to hear it Rob. If you have any questions just go to HBS and ask Cody at his forum I made for him. He's always happy to answer any questions you might have.

Good luck Rob.

Steve Olds February 6th, 2004 09:08 AM

This might be a good site to chek out.

www.homebuiltstabilizers.com

Rob Lohman February 6th, 2004 02:48 PM

Funny you should mention that, it's Charles' site!

Rob Lohman April 2nd, 2004 04:15 AM

Well, bad news. After waiting two months the plans still haven't
showed up. That's the first time something has gone wrong with
ordering from the US. I've just e-mailed them. Let's see what
happens....

Charles King April 3rd, 2004 06:32 AM

sounds weird Rob. I'll check with Cody on this issue. So far he hasn't gotten any compliants.

Rob Lohman June 9th, 2004 06:03 AM

Well somehow they sent it to the wrong housenumber (that
number doesn't exist here in the street and I assume the package
was sent back). After a couple of times e-mailing with Cafepress
they resend the package with no additional costs and it finally
arrived today. Pfew. I'm not sure how the housenumber went
all screwy, but it is the end result that matters. Just wanted to
let everyone know!

Charles King June 10th, 2004 09:15 AM

thanks Rob for the update.