DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Streaming A View (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/streaming-view/)
-   -   streaming a shoot (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/streaming-view/528970-streaming-shoot.html)

Jim Stamos July 1st, 2015 11:18 AM

streaming a shoot

anyone had any experience streaming a job. have a client that im shooting a 2 hour indian dance program and they want to stream it to relatives in india to watch.
other than cam and laptop, what do i need, pricing, etc?
I called Livestream, guy on phone was as helpful as a mute.
Input appreciated
Jim

Gary Huff July 1st, 2015 12:24 PM

Re: streaming a shoot

If you do it via YouTube you can use free Wirecast Play software.

Edward Carlson July 1st, 2015 12:53 PM

You need a computer, reliable internet connection, capture card, and a streaming host. YouTube, Ustream, and Livestream are the three that I've used.

Robert Benda July 1st, 2015 01:03 PM

I believe YouTube still requires you to have at least... 100(?) subscribers to your channel before you can live stream.

I suppose it depends on budget and expectations here.

If its on the (relative) cheap, LiveShell is one option. I bought one last year for around $150 (I think). It used the RCA of a camcorder, then connects to a wifi network. UStream doesn't required $$$, if the client don't mind a few ads over the course of the show. So for the 2 or 3 weddings I did it for, it was a separate cam (my emergency backup) than my main DSLRs that got edited together later.

Heck, I even have one in the box if you that's the correct route for you.

Gary Huff July 1st, 2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Benda (Post 1891281)
I believe YouTube still requires you to have at least... 100(?) subscribers to your channel before you can live stream.

It doesn't.

Dave Contreras July 1st, 2015 01:50 PM

I would suggest YouTube. Livestream is also a great, reliable source.

Adobe Media encoder, although a bit outdated, is a good option and it's free.

Craig Seeman July 1st, 2015 04:30 PM

If there's no risk of copyright violation
Wirecast Play (free and for YouTube specifically) works fine.
If you need free, Youtube doesn't run insertion ads.
Free Livestream requires viewers to sign in but there's no ads. Livestream Producer (or Studio for Windows only) is free.
Free Ustream runs insertion ads. Ustream Producer ap (also related to Wirecast) is free.

If this is just a a paid one off event so you don't want to get tied into monthly billing there's DaCast.

Jim Stamos July 1st, 2015 06:55 PM

sony has an AS100 action cam with wifi for 200 at bh. ill prob borrow that one from them for the event.
how do i tie that to my youtube channel?

Jim Stamos July 1st, 2015 07:58 PM

correction on that, the action cam doesn t have a zoom, ill go with an inexpensive cx440 that has zoom, wifi

Ricky Sharp July 2nd, 2015 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Stamos (Post 1891337)
correction on that, the action cam doesn t have a zoom, ill go with an inexpensive cx440 that has zoom, wifi

I'm assuming you've checked out the documentation on the CX440?

CX440 WiFi Help Docs

Looks like you need either a WiFi router or a smartphone with tethering too.

Philipp Gassmann July 19th, 2015 04:08 PM

I found out more about streaming from this camera. I opened a separate Thread:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-pxw...be-ffmpeg.html

Tom Van den Berghe January 3rd, 2016 11:34 AM

they asked my to shoot a soccer game with live stream on sunday 10 january.
I have never done that before and 2 of my 3 camcorders have wifi. (sony hxr-nx3 and panasonic hc-x920)

I tested with youtube live events and wirecast free version 6. With a usb webcam it worked to stream live and share this event.

Off course I can't use a webcam to film a soccer game because I need to zoom.

So I came across this video:

He uses a very cheap av cable to usb and it worked he said.
So I'm thinking about buying something simulair and use the av output (red/white/yellow) of my sony camcorder to connect to a usb laptop to stream live.

The quality will be dvd quality but I think it's good enough to watch live.

Anyone experience with this?

Paul Anderegg January 4th, 2016 12:29 AM

I think the point any people here are missing, is that people want to utilize the BUILT IN streaming functions of the X70. I believe a post with all the verified step by step ways to display a live stream out of the X70 would be cool.

I like YouTube. I once did a live stream using a little SDI dashcam in my car hooked up via BlackMagic Mini Recorder to my Macbook Pro. Worked well, said Google + on it if I remember correctly.

Paul

Craig Seeman January 4th, 2016 01:51 PM

I've tried using my x70 to stream to Wirecast Pro (which has webstream plugin) and the camera wasn't recognized. I tried using the Teradek plugin (not hardware) for Wirecast and that didn't work either. The camera itself was working since I was able to get the udp stream in VLC on the same computer. The result was that I has to use Wirecast Desktop Presenter to grab VLC display.

Donald McPherson January 5th, 2016 01:10 PM

I hav tried "Screen Stream"and "VLC" for android. I can get it to go to youtube but have not got a livestream it seems to take ages for it to come through. But I am sure that someone with a bit more IT savvy would figure it out. Have not tried again as it used up my limited g4 data . I've only got 500mb. But it did work to a certain extent.