Streaming to YouTube with only camera and phone at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View

Streaming A View
Hardware, software, technique and workflow for live video streaming.

Old September 24th, 2016, 02:21 AM   #1
Major Player

Streaming to YouTube with only camera and phone

Yippee livestreaming straight to YouTube with only x70 and my new Galaxy s7. I am using two apps. Screen Stream Mirroring. And Internal audio. Unfortunately I had to root (Jailbreak) my new phone to get the audio working. That was simple to do following tutorials but I will have lost my warranty. Now I just need to figure out how to share the livestreaming using just the phone. It's simple to do on the phone but not so obvious on the phone.
Donald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2016, 07:06 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Streaming to YouTube with only camera and phone

Just noticing this post. Have you looked at Teradek's Live:AIr?
Live:Air ? Teradek, LLC - Wireless HD Video
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2016, 10:37 AM   #3
Major Player

Sorry have not tried anything else except for laptop and HDMI > USB converter.
Thing is I'm a skinflint.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 06:18 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I'm a skinflint too Donald!! I'm still looking for a simple one camera solution where I can stream the camera into a laptop where I can add graphics etc etc and then send it back out to my LiveStream Broadcaster which is a neat device and really simple ...it's normally put on the camera and streams efficiently to the CDN but with video and audio direct from the camera only. Live stream have software that works fine but that does all that I want but you need a brute of a computer cos that does the streaming. It would be really neat to be able to "divert" the camera signal ..add graphics and then go back into my HDMI input in the Broadcaster device. You have been playing with HDMI>USB devices haven't you?? Could one go from the camera and HDMI>USB into the computer and then Display>HDMI out to the Broadcaster device after adding graphics?
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016, 02:36 AM   #5
Major Player

I've been messing with Xspit Broadcaster. (Free trial up to 720p ) You can stream 720p into it via VLC wireless or use hdmi > USB and have all your grapics set up and ready to use. My laptop i7 and Geforce 950m
Old October 24th, 2016, 03:56 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Thanks Donald

I'll download and try it ...so you bring your camera in via an HDMI>USB adaptor? After processing does the new video go out via HDMI too? Your laptop has an HDMI out port? If so that might work for me!!!
Old October 24th, 2016, 05:15 AM   #7
Major Player

I stream out to my phone 4g. To stream out through the hdmi, would stream the interface and controls of Xspit. If I were you i would camera hdmi broadcast box . Then wireless stream into laptop add your graphics ect. Using Xspit. Then stream this to your phone and out to YouTube or whichever. At best I have a 20 second lag.
Old October 24th, 2016, 06:45 AM   #8
Inner Circle

For skinflints there's OBS Studio. Free should be cheap enough. It can handle multiple cameras, titles, screencapture as well.

https://obsproject.com
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016, 06:42 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Thanks Craig

Nah..too expensive!!! I want them to pay me!! It seems simple enough but only streams out to selected CDN's ....What I need is software that allows me to ingest my live footage, add graphics when needed and spit it out of the laptop's HDMI port so I have "live video + graphics" that I can feed into my Live Stream Broadcaster which will do the streaming for me ..it of course works perfectly direct from the camera except I cannot add the odd title to the stream ...Yes I can use LiveStream Studio which will stream to the CDN but it's a CPU hog and needs a super fast machine to be able to work ... my solution doesn't need to be free at all but I would like to have a trial version of course!!
Old October 24th, 2016, 11:42 PM   #10
Major Player

I wonder if you could set up a dual screen monitor on your laptop and use something like a Liliput that has an "in / out" HDMI as a second monitor.
Old October 25th, 2016, 01:08 AM   #11
Inner Circle

The trouble with a computer HDMI output is that is gives you whatever is on the LCD screen does it not? Most easy to use broadcast software has one or two preview screen plus your controls and all you really want is the video that you are running and nothing else on the screen!! I think Livestream Studio allows a video output which would be what you would maybe send to n audience monitor ...I can of course stream straight of of Studio but I would need a powerhouse laptop to do so!!

Maybe just an 17 mini Intel box is the answer? It's totally portable but one would need a 12v monitor. It's a pity you can't get something like the Roland that also does graphics??
Old October 25th, 2016, 02:16 AM   #12
Major Player

Not when setup as dual screen. Look at many video editing programs you can have the main screen open in one monitor and controls on second. There must be a way to do this.
Old October 25th, 2016, 03:01 AM   #13
Inner Circle

Good point Donald!!

So if the computer graphics card supports two monitors would it have 2 x HDMI ports ..I have only ever seen one and would assume that that would output the primary screen not the secondary one .. I need to play around with this I think?
Old October 25th, 2016, 03:56 AM   #14
Major Player

Not having tried dual with the laptop. On my desktop I have three ports two DVI and one HDMI I can have three different views with Adobe Premiere. One of which is full screen video on the HDMI port.
Old October 25th, 2016, 05:19 AM   #15
Major Player

Not having tried dual with the laptop. On my desktop I have three ports two DVI and one HDMI I can have three different views with Adobe Premiere. One of which is full screen video on the HDMI port.
Donald McPherson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View