DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Streaming A View (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/streaming-view/)
-   -   Bit of fun, conference, streaming rig options? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/streaming-view/536160-bit-fun-conference-streaming-rig-options.html)

Simon Denny August 24th, 2018 11:34 PM

Bit of fun, conference, streaming rig options?

Having a bit of fun here and putting together a conference live rig plus recording setup along with Live Streaming.

The idea is for a portable and easy to transport rig that can be used with up to 3 cameras and then stripped down for one camera shooting operation and of course streamed.

The Conference style rig would be switched and a backup recording saved.... and at the same time a live stream.

This is my list so far in Aussie dollars.

Television Studio HD from Blackmagic Design $1385
Blackmagic Web Presenter $689 or Teradek VidiU Pro $1500
HyperDeck Studio*Mini $965
I've just added this: DECIMATOR MD-HX $350
Cables/leads $500
Extra converters HDMI-SDI/SDI-HDMI $500

Software... not sure yet, I'm a Mac and will stay this way.

OBS Free
Wirecast
Livestream Producer

Screens, not sure either, defiantly will need two.

Blackmagic Design SmartView Duo $700

If I run three cameras with operators this is what I need.
Cameras:
Sony and the Z90 x 3 (including batteries and chargers) 14k
Tripods x 3: Manfroto cheapies 1k

Monitors
VILTROX DC-90HD or 70HD 4K HDMI monitor x 3 $700

As I mentioned, I'm having fun researching and putting together a paper version of this to see the size, cost and production quality/ability I can come up with.

Along my journey so far I have found some fantastic resources on Youtube and every time I settle on someones rig I find another rig or options that open more thinking and discovery.

Anyway, If you have ideas let me know.

Cheers, Simon

Chris Harding August 25th, 2018 02:10 AM

Re: Bit of fun, conference, streaming rig options?

What's the web presenter for Simon

Your TV Studio HD switcher already has 4 inputs ... the web presenter just takes 1 x HDMi and 1 x SDI input and converts to USB ... any special reason??

Simon Denny August 25th, 2018 02:17 AM

Oh yeah, I'll either use the Blackmagic Web Presenter to my Laptop/Wirecast etc... or I'll use the Teradek VidiU Pro the same. I forgot to put an or between those two products.

Chris Harding August 25th, 2018 08:04 AM

Interesting!! I'm not a MAC person so I cannot comment on the software side but do you really need any switching software with the Television HD switcher ..With that you should really be able to dispense with any laptops or software.

You had better factor in your 4G side regarding routers and data costs ..the average venue cannot give you (or will not) a decent ethernet upload speed and their wifi is worse than useless. (Certainly shouldn't be trying to stream out on wifi anyway)

Just for interest what cams are you planning to use Simon?? That's quite a pricey setup as without cameras and routers you are already up to about a $6K investment!!

It will be awesome to see your final end product!!

Simon Denny August 25th, 2018 03:08 PM

Cameras I'll problem stick with Sony and the Z90, I really need SDI out. As I mentioned previously it's for fun (with a serious intention) and this is a paper build, I estimate the cost at around 20k, yep not cheap... however resale on these items if it goes belly up would be good for a while.

4G routers etc.. I haven't got there yet, few hundred bucks I assume and data same thing not sure.

My Ideal setup would be just me switching two or three static cameras conference style. I'm not sure even if there's gigs for this setup, who knows.