DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   Anyone familiar with videographies.com (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/497107-anyone-familiar-videographies-com.html)

Sebastian Alvarez June 15th, 2011 05:32 PM

Re: Anyone familiar with videographies.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve House (Post 1658715)
Og I agree with the skepticism and way too many site offering these sorts of services sound just too good to be true. But if one seems like it might be offering something you can use and hasa a legit ring to it, $67 is a pretty cheap experiment to try. That's all I'm saying, These days that's less than the price of a tank of gas (literally .. a fill-up yesterday ran me $90).

You must drive a Hummer :D

Chris Davis June 15th, 2011 08:14 PM

What absolutely P****S me off about videographies.com is that you get lured into signing up for a free account, then they list you and direct the web visitor to fill out the online form requesting info, then beg you for money to view the contact details.

Ok, if you don't pony up the cash, they leave your wanna-be client hanging in the lurch. Basically it looks like you're ignoring them. It never tells them "*IF* this videographer signs up for a premiere account, he'll get back to you", but rather it says something generic like "thanks for the info, someone will contact you soon."

So basically there are a few people out there that think Chris Davis doesn't bother responding to their requests for information.

Either pay for the premium listing, or remove your account. The free account on videographies.com will just make you look bad.

Sebastian Alvarez June 15th, 2011 09:16 PM

Well, here's something that pisses me off too. Yesterday I wanted to remove my listing from their website. I see that below my listing there was an "edit/remove" link. So I click on it, and there's a bunch of stuff to update my listing, but at the bottom there's a Yes or No choice followed by this: "If set to "Yes", this Listings entry will immediately be removed from the system." So I click on yes, and then on the update button, and I get a confirmation on the next page.

Today I go to their main page and what do I see? My name second on the list. Not even in NC, but second on the list on their main page. That really pisses me off, since I had the listing removed yesterday. So I did the same procedure again and now it doesn't show, but I'll have to keep checking just in case.

Steve House June 16th, 2011 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Alvarez (Post 1658732)
You must drive a Hummer :D

Nope ... a 10 year old Isuzu. Our gas is running about $5.15 US a gallon for the cheapest grade.

Sebastian Alvarez June 16th, 2011 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve House (Post 1658824)
Nope ... a 10 year old Isuzu. Our gas is running about $5.15 US a gallon for the cheapest grade.

Oh, I had failed to see you're in Canada. Holy crap! Well, we're not far from that in the US anyway. Those prices from the beginning of the movie "I Am Legend" are going to turn into reality quite soon, with or without the humanity eradicating virus.