DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   Benefits to Corporate Clients of video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/510911-benefits-corporate-clients-video.html)

Silas Barker September 23rd, 2012 08:28 PM

Benefits to Corporate Clients of video

I need to create a list of the benefits to corporations using video and wondered if you guys can help me out...

Obviously, using a short commercial or infomercial on tv or the web is a great way to
- showcase a business, product, or cause
- show the actual staff working
- create trust with testimonials
- enable mass communication on the web with one video
- have a polished presentation for a client's client

Andy Wilkinson September 24th, 2012 02:24 AM

Re: Benefits to Corporate Clients of video

Silas,

This is something I've thought long and hard about after working with corporate clients producing well over 100 business videos in and around the Cambridge UK area (and UK wide) the last 4+ years. Some of the benefits as I see them are summarised on this page on my website (as well as other supportive/related messages on other pages on the site like the Home page and What We Do page).

Please don't just lift (i.e. copy and paste) and plagiarize the text...!!!...have a look around my site and see if it helps you then come up with your own more extensive list. I'm sure many other corporate video production companies will have web space devoted to this very subject too. Hope this helps!

CambridgeVideo

P.S. I did a lot of work in the Sacramento area about a decade ago (in a previous career when I worked for a large American corporate). Great place - and weather - I always enjoyed being there!

Silas Barker September 24th, 2012 12:07 PM

Thanks for the input! Also - I like your reel. I am still in the process of switching over to corporate work (from events) and have a quick question for you. I noticed your reel is about 4 minutes long. For corporate work, do you think longer is better? My current one is about 1 minute long, and I was thinking of making my new reel about 30 seconds. Thoughts!?

Andy Wilkinson September 24th, 2012 12:36 PM

Thanks.

1 minute to maybe 90 secs max is perfect - I just got carried away and tried to cram too much stuff in there - as its all been a ton of fun these last 4+ years...;-)

However, I do find that "serious" potential corporate clients watch the whole lot, or so they tell me when I eventually get talking to them (and my Google Analytics tends to back this up, as best as I can tell). As it happens, almost all of my work comes from word of mouth recommendations, one business client to another anyway so reel length is unimportant. They'll also ask to watch something I've done more "in their area" of business activity - and only a small proportion of what I've done is (publically) viewable on my website. Obviously, I don't share anything with them that's confidential to another client but I can usually point them at something relevant that I've done - and we go from there.

Treat your clients really well, do a good job and deliver on time and on budget and they'll recommend you to others they know. That's been my approach.

Silas Barker September 28th, 2012 12:43 AM

Thanks for the input! New reel coming soon