DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   Business Printer Advice (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/516479-business-printer-advice.html)

Sareesh Sudhakaran May 11th, 2013 09:56 PM

Business Printer Advice

Hi

I'm looking for a good business all-in-one printer that can do A3, color, scan and copy. I'll use it intermittently in the beginning, but possibly a lot more a few months down the line. Ideally it can do WiFi as well. II'll be printing B&W mostly, but need the ability to print A4 and A3 color charts and brochures.

Have no preference for laser or inkjet, whatever works without complaints - and the cheapest possible over the long run.

Any suggestions on a good workhorse printer?

Steve Wolla May 26th, 2013 08:04 PM

Re: Business Printer Advice

I use an Epson Artisan 837 and 730 for letter sized and A4 type work. They are the only printers I have seen that can give me the exact same color reproduction when printing directly onto discs and the DVD box insert labels. That's a big deal to me, I think it makes my productions appear somewhat more professional.

For A3 work....I have the Epson 1400, but that is not an AIO....but the Epson Workforce 7510 / 7520 is. I'd sure give it a look, if you need one machine that can do it all, except it cannot do any direct-to-disc printing, if that is important to you.

I have no personal experience in actually using the 7510 / 7520. But, I do have experience with both the 1400 and Artisan 1430. The color reproduction seems to be extremely good, very "bright". It is a six ink printer vs. 4 for the 7520. So if possibly more accurate color is of importance, then look at getting a 1430 for the A3 work, although it is strictly a printer only.

One other thing-try and test whichever printer you're considering with the media that you intend to use with it in the same size. I have had issues when attempting to use certain brands of DVD label inserts, which has caused me to send printers back to Epson.

Jim Michael May 26th, 2013 09:20 PM

Too many variables for a simple answer, e.g. what throughput requirements and quality are you looking for? Once you get to tabloid size output most businesses that do any kind of volume printing are going to use a high volume color copier printer, most often on a lease. That won't produce the best looking color output. A more reasonable approach cost-wise, if your volume isn't too terribly high, would be something like a Ricoh 600 series B&W laser printer and a separate inkjet like a 13" Epson for the occasional color job.

Sareesh Sudhakaran May 28th, 2013 05:34 AM

Thanks, Jim.

I finally settled on an Epson WorkForce 7511 (the 7520 isn't available here). So far so good.