DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   Mistake made right by dealer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/536232-mistake-made-right-dealer.html)

Ronald Jackson September 14th, 2018 01:01 PM

Mistake made right by dealer

Anyone got a name or e-address of someone senior at [company name removed by request]

I want to give them a good public kicking about some kit, Hawkswood batteries and chargers which arrived without any instructions.

Ron

Noa Put September 14th, 2018 01:32 PM

re: Mistake made right by dealer

Have you tried to call them or send them a email?

Rob Cantwell September 15th, 2018 08:46 AM

[Name removed] is the sales director of [company name removed by request], or was last year.

Ronald Jackson September 16th, 2018 12:51 AM

Sorted and it was battery maker's omission!
Ron

Noa Put September 16th, 2018 02:20 AM

That's why I asked if you send them a mail or called them instead of putting them in a bad light without knowing what was going on, I don't see a reason to bother someone senior at a company for a delivery discrepancy, they have a team for that purpose who you can reach through their help and support page. My experience with [company name removed by request] is that they have excellent customer service, you can contact them by mail, call them, have them call you back or chat with them.

Ronald Jackson September 16th, 2018 02:58 AM

Agreed Noa, I'd had a hard day and was frustrated by not getting up and running with some new kit.

I've actually asked DV Info if I can delete my thread.

Ron

Noa Put September 16th, 2018 04:32 AM

I know the feeling, a while back I ordered a white lavalier at half price for my dr10 which was an open box sale which are returned items, when it arrived half of it was missing and I lashed out to the company for sending me this, what I overlooked was that it was mentioned on the webite that these articles had a "what you see is what you get" policy and they included photos from the contents in the box on the site but I didn't see those, I was blinded by the half price :)

Andrew Smith September 16th, 2018 04:57 PM

Half price for half contents. Makes sense when you think about it. :P

Andrew

Noa Put September 17th, 2018 12:17 AM

Actually no, it was a used item as the box had been opened and returned by a previous customer and the most expensive part, the lavalier, was present, only the little metal clip to attach the lav and the small windkap to press onto the lav where missing.

Chris Hurd September 17th, 2018 05:22 AM

Re: Mistake made right by dealer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronald Jackson (Post 1946786)
I've actually asked DV Info if I can delete my thread.

Hi Ronald, many thanks for using the forum's Report Post system.

I don't delete threads, but I will take them out of public view if the situation warrants it.

In this case, I'd like to leave the thread as it stands. I have withdrawn the name of the company, edited the thread title, and have moved the thread to our business forum.

Hopefully these actions are satisfactory for all involved. Much appreciated,

David Peterson September 18th, 2018 01:41 AM

Re: Mistake made right by dealer

I am happy to see that your default approach is to not delete threads :-)

As even threads like this might be helpful to both the participants and others in the future to see how a situation was handled.

So I'm glad you took the minimal censorship approach, of just doing some lightweight redacting. Thank you.