Online orders at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old February 26th, 2020, 03:12 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Online orders

I'm taking over a new dance recital client. The last videographer took orders online I'd like to do the same. Normally I have a paper order form with two payment options check or PayPal, that's as online as I've gotten. I have my own website that uses a simple Wordpress template. Is there an easy way to setup an online order form that has two options and connects it to my Paypal? I've noticed most solutions are product based so for example you sell custom hats, but for me I'd need a separate ordering page for each performance that are priced differently or shipped directly while others are picked up at the dance studio...
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2020, 06:59 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Online orders

Years ago, PayPal allowed you to create embeddable buttons for your website with drop down selection menus. Not sure if that still exists, but was how I did it a while back.
Old February 26th, 2020, 08:36 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks Nate I spent the better part of the day researching it.

There are a lot of Word Press PayPal plug ins. After watching a few videos I found one that works pretty well.

The main advantage you can create a page that can accepts credit cards without leaving the your website and more importantly you don't need a Paypal account.

I still have to try to implement it. I'm not sure if I can get certain information from them like their email for digital download.

While online payment with credit card is easier for the customer in some ways is more difficult for me. Instead of getting all the orders at once, I'll be getting emails, leading up to the performance and after that. In addition PayPal takes 3% cut.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2020, 05:01 PM   #4
Inner Circle

If anyone is interested, I was finally able to put together an online ordering form on my website for an upcoming dance recital .

https://creationdreamvideo.com/product/new-steps
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business