DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   Do filmmakers tell the cast and crew where the money is coming from in these cases? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/537488-do-filmmakers-tell-cast-crew-where-money-coming-these-cases.html)

Ryan Elder August 7th, 2020 02:47 PM

Re: Do filmmakers tell the cast and crew where the money is coming from in these case

Oh but I thought it would help me know if I had caught it still, that way I know to stay away from people. Don't sports people have to do that to, rather than not get tested after at all, but only before?

Brian Drysdale August 7th, 2020 03:01 PM

Re: Do filmmakers tell the cast and crew where the money is coming from in these case

Sports people have a continuous series of tests, The idea is to catch the ones who have it before they can spread it to fellow team members or the opposition, it's a preventive measure. Only doing a test after a game is operation stable door.

Ryan Elder August 7th, 2020 05:01 PM

Oh okay, well I can get it done before then for the next one.

Josh Bass August 7th, 2020 07:41 PM

Not to get into a whole thing (too late!) but it seems like you would have to get tested like RIGHT before the shoot. Even if it was the day before, was it the last thing you did that day that involved human contact? What if you went grocery shopping afterward? Wouldnt each instance of proximity to other people between testing and whatever youre trying to be “clean” for reduce the validity of the test?

Brian Drysdale August 8th, 2020 12:27 AM

You should really go into isolation within your bubble(s) following the test. In England, a soccer player was dropped from the team because they moved outside their bubble(s) to see their parents.

Josh Bass August 8th, 2020 01:04 AM

That makes sense but what is the everyday Joe's "bubble"?

Ryan Elder August 8th, 2020 01:05 AM

Oh okay thanks, yes I am staying inside a bubble until the next project. However, the tests take a week to get the results back so does it really do any good to get tested the day before the shoot, if it takes a week to come in?

Brian Drysdale August 8th, 2020 01:25 AM

No, you need the test results.

Politicians love to claim the number of tests done, but if it takes a week to 12 days to get the results you're behind the curve. This has been a big issue in some countries, the South Korans were doing in 48 hours, I gather the UK claims 97.5% returned the day after the test was taken during 25 June to 1 July.

Ryan Elder August 8th, 2020 01:59 AM

Oh okay, well when you get tested where I live Canada, they tell you that it will take a week and it does so far. So what can you do to make them work faster then, if it's suppose to be that day for these kind of jobs?

Brian Drysdale August 8th, 2020 02:43 AM

It sounds like their testing system isn't really up to speed. You can't make it go any faster if their infrastructure isn't in place.

Just follow social distancing, wash hands, wear a mask when required and follow the film and TV industry guide lines.

Ryan Elder August 8th, 2020 03:01 AM

Oh okay, well I can't wear a mask while acting though, and was not able to social distance during the fight scene of course, but I can when off camera.

Brian Drysdale August 8th, 2020 04:09 AM

All you can do is minimize the time you're close and talking face to face. Unless you're in a bar, it's unusual for people to be closer than 2 ft and 3ft is pretty normal.

Ryan Elder August 8th, 2020 04:29 AM

Oh okay thanks. Well so far, the only times I've had to get real close to an actor since covid is for a fight scene, and for a romance scene, but that's been it so far.

Paul R Johnson August 8th, 2020 04:32 AM

I'm not sure if you noticed that actors don't have much work at the moment because they cannot social distance. Clearly your people have not understood that the point is not an inconvenience to making a movie, but the possibility that one infected person passes it to somebody else who is less capable of fighting the virus - so they go home, where there may be vulnerable people?

Clearly you don't get it at all, and are happy being irresponsible? I've been offered some work in France, and I'm keeping 2 weeks after I return clear in my diary because France may be added to the quarantine rules between now and then.

If your country takes two weeks to process a test, your clean bill of health is two weeks old, and ANYONE you have interacted with in that period could have infected you. In essence, unless people isolate - the tests are quite useless.

Ryan Elder August 8th, 2020 04:37 AM

Oh okay. Well I just saw opportunities to help make movies and I got on it.

Well maybe the filmmakers can get special testing done that is independent from the rest of the testing system perhaps, and can just test the cast and crew only without having such a large line up, perhaps?