DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   Wedding contract question. Newby (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/9080-wedding-contract-question-newby.html)

Andy Rexroat April 28th, 2003 06:31 PM

Wedding contract question. Newby

I saw some wedding contracts for sale on E-bay and was wondering if anyone ever used them? Are they worth it? By the way the E-bay auction for the contracts are 2925586305 . I've started to make my own contract, but came across this. Since it is E-bay I have to question its credibility.

I have been building my contract around information from the search engine in this forum, and the book "The Business of wedding and Special Event Videograghy" by John Goolsby. You can get this book at www.weva.com. If anyone is interested in seeing the contract I have made please let me know. I would kind of like to know if I covered most of everything.

I would be greatful for any input.

Mark Argerake April 29th, 2003 07:18 AM

I'm not necessarily a big eBay fan. I've bought and sold a few things ther though. Purchasing a legal document through an online auction doesn't seem like a good idea. If you did, I thinkl it would be in your best interest to bring it to a lawyer to verify exactly what it is saying before trying to use it.

I'd be interested in seeing what you are using now.

Do you find that book helpful or more common sense?

Andy Rexroat April 29th, 2003 06:03 PM

Hey Mark thanks for the reply.

I found the book to be a good push for those to start a wedding video business. I dont recommend it to current event videograghers. I've bought about 5 books on how to make video, and they are now starting to say the same things over and over again. Which tells me I'm done researching and its time to go out into the world and apply what I've learned. This book doesnt talk too much about the technical side of things but more along the lines of best practices to run this type of buisness. It does go into some technical issues, but if you understand basic video shooting you will be fine. some comments I'd like to make is that there are VERY FEW illustrations so it is full of information. Since there are few technical issues the time when this was published will never be an issue. On a down side it was binded pretty cheaply so I kind of question the cost of the book. Other than that I rate the book an 8 out of 10.

Jason Balich May 24th, 2003 09:44 AM

Wedding contract Newbee

Hey Andy'

I would be totally interested in seeing your contract. Send me a link if u made it into a pdf online or email me at info@littlebearmedia.com I am getting into this also in Ontario Canada ad would love to get an example head-start. Do u do alot of digital post work on the computer? If so what book would u recomend now that u have been through a bunch for getting good techniques from?

Thank you for your time. In response to your sharing, I will send u updates on my progress. So far ive landed 1 videographer contract for doing a music video for a band. Im sure the wedding video's will be alot of fun.

Roze Ann May 24th, 2003 08:36 PM

Hi Andy...I just did a general search for "wedding videography contract" ...here is the link:

http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=%27wedding+videography+contract%27

I've only read the first few entries so far but they seem to be consistant on many of the specifics and a few have the "WEVA" mark at the bottom. I'll read more tonight and get back to you. Shoot me an email of your contract to: fatcatmedia@yahoo.com I'll have an atty friend from church look over what you have so far for any 'red flags' (I'll see him tomorrow 5.25.03) although you should take it to an attorney in your area, pay them a 'consult fee' (usual not too much $) and go from there. Keep us posted! :-)