DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   Globalmediapro question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/94894-globalmediapro-question.html)

Adam Letch May 24th, 2007 01:30 AM

Globalmediapro question

Chris I'm not sure if it's ok to ask this so I understand if you pull it down, but I wondering if people can share their experience of Globalmediapro, I'm intending to buy the HD250 and the DRDH100 from them, the saving's compared to here in Australia is like almost $5,000.

1) question is I thinking of getting their 95wh Vmounts and the 2x charger, its 14.4v so I presume this battery should work ok with the HD250?

2) Have people used these batteries and found their performance/build quality to be acceptable?

3) Has anybody had bad experience/ good experiences with service and warranties etc?

Thanks guys

Regards
Adam Letch
Western Australia

Glenn Krawczyk May 24th, 2007 02:12 AM

Hi Adam,

In recent weeks I've bought a Libec tripod, 2x Gold Pin Mount Globalmediapro 95wH batteries and charger from Globalmediapro. Everything turned up right on schedule and I've been really happy with the purchases and the price. Can't comment on the long-term performance of the batteries yet, but on my GY-111E, I'm getting around 5 hours out of each battery. Also, If you take a look at photos of SWIT batteries and chargers and the GMP ones, you'll see they're identical and are probably made in exactly the same factory.

Anyway, to buy items like those from OZ, I'd do globalmediapro again without any hesitation.

Re: the camera. I have heard that JVC in Australia are not happy to offer support for units bought from Globalmediapro, that's why I bought mine from an Australian dealer. Maybe the local dealer was just twisting my arm to get a sale when they told me that, but in the end, I actually got a better price out of them anyway! Another trick is to know that JVC are currently throwing in the wide angle converter as part of the camera deal... so don't let any dealer sell you one for extra. Make sure they include it in the price!!!!

I can't comment on whether Globalmediapro offer good warranty support on a camera, but personally, I wasn't prepared to risk it. I'm happier knowing I have local support, which I assume will be faster and much less hassle if the s$#t ever hits the fan.

Cheers
Glenn

Adam Letch May 24th, 2007 04:58 AM

awesome Glenn

thanks for the swift reply.

Yes for the small items like battery and DRD100 I feel at ease.

And but to think i can get the HD250 for about $11350 with gst vs $13995. For me, I'd have to ship the camera to the Eastern States to be serviced anyway, so shipping to the Eastern States or New Zealand would probably cost me same time and money. Thus where I'd normally say, no way. I'm not sure if I'd gain a lot from buying here, when I can save such a lot, I could afford the HD201 here for the same price, and I just know I'll be always unhappy for the same money I didn't get the more fully featured model, which with the advent of colourspace field sdi recorders, opens up a whole new future possibility.

Any other people out there with any experiences they want to share?

thanks again Glenn

Regards

Adam

Dennis Robinson May 24th, 2007 09:06 AM

Hi Adam,
I bought my JVC 111 6 months ago from Queensland because i felt there was no support here in Perth. At least I can get it repaired in Perth if i want but I received great service from the store I bought it from so am happy.
It must be tempting to get so cheap a price from Global Media and i cant offer any experience, but I did get the wide angle converter with mine free and i wouldnt take it off for quids. I also have a matte box with gradiant and polorizing filters and love the camera.
I produce a lot of TV commercials in Perth and have learnt to love the HD footage.
Dennis Robinson
www.redtvproductions.com.au

Eugen Oprina May 24th, 2007 05:09 PM

I bought a couple of Sony DSR PD 170 with Sachtler tripods two years ago and one Firestore FS4. Everything was very smooth with Globalmediapro. No problem with the equipment nor with the delivery.
Good luck!
Eugen

Robert Castiglione May 24th, 2007 05:36 PM

Hi There,

I bought some batteries from them and I agree that for small items no sweat.

I also purchased my first JVC HD100 from them. It was a very early model and I had the dreaded SSE on it and contacted them about it. All I can say is that though I would not hesitate to purchase smaller inexpensive items from a non authorised dealer, I would be extremely careful in purchasing any expensive items from a non authorised dealer that might require a warranty claim. The reason you pay more from an authorised dealer is because of the backup service.

Rob

Robert Castiglione May 24th, 2007 06:12 PM

Adam, looking back at your thread, I see that you are in Perth!

If you care to contact me off list I would be happy to share my experience.

Rob

Steven Burlinson December 4th, 2007 11:55 AM

I know this is an old thread,

Did they get in contact with you at any stage, As i've placed an order with them. Paid and not heard a thing ???

Also in Perth :)

Boyd Ostroff December 4th, 2007 01:24 PM

At DVinfo we encourage you to use our trusted sponsors since they make our site possible. But aside from that, they have all be screened to insure that you pay competitive prices and get good service.

As a matter of policy we limit vendor discussion to our site sponsors. If you wish to discuss this issue with other DVinfo members, please use private e-mail. Thanks for your understanding