DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   First Paying Job Completed! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/96690-first-paying-job-completed.html)

Gabriel Yeager June 16th, 2007 04:32 PM

First Paying Job Completed!

Hello y'all.

I just finished my first paying gig yesterday! I am proud of it. I got paid twice of what was originally talked about. And was asked to make another one for the same client. :)

I am very pleased to finally find something that I can do and get paid with a decent pay at my current age.

You are probably wondering what it was, aren't you? Well, it was making a slide show. A rather boring, frustrating, and long task. But the pay is well worth it. We are not talking much of anything to live off of, but at my age, its more then what I could make doing anything else (that I am aware of).

I was not sure where to post this, but I thought this was the most likely place to put it.

Just thought I would share my first success!
~Gabriel

Bill Davis June 16th, 2007 04:57 PM

Congratulations!

Particularly on the second booking. Clearly you provided value for the money your client spent.

Keep doing that and your future is unlimited.

Meryem Ersoz June 16th, 2007 08:26 PM

nice work, gabriel.

what's my cut for needling you mercilessly about good work ethics??

seriously, it's great to hear about your success, no doubt more are forthcoming.

feels good to ring the cash register, doesn't it?

Gabriel Yeager June 16th, 2007 09:56 PM

Thanks! I can't wait to continue my work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz (Post 697877)
nice work, gabriel.

what's my cut for needling you mercilessly about good work ethics??

seriously, it's great to hear about your success, no doubt more are forthcoming.

feels good to ring the cash register, doesn't it?

Thanks!
hahaha, well, the depends... lol! Seriously, thank you for all that you have done for me!

Yes, it is. Thank you!

Haha, that it does. That it does.... :D Putting it together to save for a car. I can't wait to drive.

~Gabriel

Jeff Emery June 16th, 2007 09:59 PM

Congratulations Gabriel!!

I wish you continued success. By the way, I was looking at your web page. Tell me... just what the heck is that a picture of? I'm sure it's not what it resembles but the words orifice and penlight come to mind.

Jeff

Reid Bailey June 18th, 2007 11:37 AM

Congrats!

Well done.

Steven Davis June 18th, 2007 11:39 AM

Good job....................now go buy more equipment!!! Never can have too many toys.

Gabriel Yeager June 18th, 2007 11:48 AM

Thanks guys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Emery (Post 697896)
Congratulations Gabriel!!

...By the way, I was looking at your web page. Tell me... just what the heck is that a picture of? I'm sure it's not what it resembles but the words orifice and penlight come to mind.

Jeff

Haha, what one are we talking about here? The white one with the zoom blur and purple in the middle? Thats actually a creek running through some trees and swampy plants. I then changed it alot in post. I am not really sure what I was going for when I did it. I just did. :) I thought it looked kinda like something out of a fantasy book/movie. Not really sure now that I think about it... haha.

As for the other one -- Chaotic Destiny -- Its a tree that has been shaved off.. Its rather strange. Its just sitting in the middle of a local park. I thought it was cool, so I leaned on the tree and got low, took the picture, and then tweaked it. :D The title pretty much describes it.

Thanks looking at my site!

~Gabriel

Gabriel Yeager June 18th, 2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Davis (Post 698539)
Good job....................now go buy more equipment!!! Never can have too many toys.

Haha, that is very true! :-)

I am actually thinking of putting it to a car. That I can drive to get more experience and jobs.

Thanks!
~Gabriel