DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Techniques for Independent Production (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/techniques-independent-production/)
-   -   What kind of shots should I use BLUE SCREEN then GREEN SCREEN? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/techniques-independent-production/54026-what-kind-shots-should-i-use-blue-screen-then-green-screen.html)

James A. Davis November 8th, 2005 01:30 PM

What kind of shots should I use BLUE SCREEN then GREEN SCREEN?

Are outside shots for special effects GREEN SCREEN and BLUE SCREEN inside. I'm curious as to what color to shoot in front of for certail special effects shots.

Viktor Bludov November 8th, 2005 02:57 PM

you have to consider if your subject has blue or green colors on it such as eyes, clothes etc.
I guess that those 2 colors you would find the least than other colors on human being.
It's a matter of picking a different color than your subject, has nothing to do with indor or outdor shots.

Giroud Francois November 8th, 2005 04:22 PM

outside , you got the (sometime) blue sky, so it can be a problem.
Many people wear blue (bluejean, tie, shirt), but you will rarely see the flashy green for keying anywhere.
blue when dark goes easily to black, when green stays. shadows are easily manageable with green.
You can correct green spills with orange light on subject.
Correcting blue spills is a bit harder.
With DV, anyway green is better, so if you choose green you will encouter anyway less problem.

Adam Keen November 9th, 2005 06:18 PM

Any color can be used for keying. The Matrix Reloaded used some purple screen. Tracked model shots used orange in Voyager. With people, you generally want to stay away from warm colors as they are the components of flesh tones. Cameras are made to give green better detail as our eyes are the most sensitive to it. Blue and green were originally used as it was easy to seperate with an RGB signal.

Mike Teutsch November 30th, 2005 05:23 PM

Blue was the original color for keying, just because blue is not in any human skin tones. Green is in some skin colors, but green is better for Digital Video. You could even use red if you choose to.

Pay attention to what is in front of it more. For example blonde or white hair does not key well, so maybe those persons could or should where a hat. White clothing is also difficult also. Contrast is a consideration all the time.

Light your subjects correctly and watched how they are dressed. Overall, green is better for digital video, and most color keying is best done inside under controlled situations, then you can add any background you choose.

Best of luck--Mike

Tamim Amini August 23rd, 2009 04:51 PM

Green Screen setup help

what is the best way for me to change the lighting setup in this studio for the green screen and actor thanks ? file:///C:/Users/Mrlove/Pictures/2009-08-02/022.JPG