DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Techniques for Independent Production (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/techniques-independent-production/)
-   -   New Film Look and color correction software (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/techniques-independent-production/64075-new-film-look-color-correction-software.html)

Alain Bellon April 27th, 2006 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Thames
Will the demo be a full-demo? Or just allow us to use only a few presets and functions?

The demo will have pretty much full functionality. It will just have a few limits to prevent using the demo for real production (watermark, etc).

Armin DeFiesta April 28th, 2006 10:52 PM

HuffYUV codec here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/HuffYUV.htm

I downloaded & installed this codec, rebooted, yet it still won't play in WM or Divx. I get the FOUR CC error code HFYU message. Anyone know a fix?

Greg Boston April 28th, 2006 11:17 PM

Alain,

I bought a copy of the software and was wondering if you could provide a future upgrade to read files encoded with Quicktime or in a Quicktime container. I do most of my editing on the Mac and network the files over to this computer to be processed with your software.

Any help you can give here would be appreciated.

regards,

-gb-

Alex Thames May 5th, 2006 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armin DeFiesta
HuffYUV codec here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/HuffYUV.htm

I downloaded & installed this codec, rebooted, yet it still won't play in WM or Divx. I get the FOUR CC error code HFYU message. Anyone know a fix?

Well...from the website you linked to:
"- One of our visitors reported bugs in HuffYUV 2.2.0: The new version 2.2.0 is one big bug. It just does not work at all. Opening the resulting AVI file always crashes Windows Explorer... It may work on some peopls PC's but not on mine (Win XP) and a lot of other people dont use the newer version either because it doesn't work."

Chris Barcellos May 5th, 2006 01:55 PM

Guys:

I try rendering a small file first. Like 30 seconds at most. I have been having problems with CinemantiQ rendering lengthy files. Small files work with HUFFYUV, but not large files. The Panosonic renders a more lengthy file, but it too, will have problems once size is too big. The people at CinemantiQ said they are looking at it, but I notice that I have problems with most files exceeding 2 Gigs in size. Of course my first thought was that I had inadvertantly formatted hard drive as FAT 32, but I checked and that is not true. I have no problem huge files with PPro.

I am hoping the next upgrade will resolve that issue, along with providing the 24p rendering requested by some.

Alain Bellon May 5th, 2006 03:24 PM

Greg, We will look into QT.

Alex, thank you for pointing this out. I will look to see if there is a patch for the HuffYUV codec out there.

As Chris mentions we have a couple cases where people are having problems rendering lengthy files. Because we have only received 2 reports of this problem, it makes it difficult to pin point the issue. We are working on it! And also looking into a new avi rendering engine. We may test this engine with the people that are having this problem to see if it fixes it.

The new 24p option has seen some changes and we are adding more functionality before the release. We have added a deinterlacing/24p adjustment screen so that the user can tweak and test the options in real time without having to render the video.

We will keep you posted of all progress.

Armin DeFiesta May 10th, 2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Thames
Well...from the website you linked to:
"- One of our visitors reported bugs in HuffYUV 2.2.0: The new version 2.2.0 is one big bug. It just does not work at all. Opening the resulting AVI file always crashes Windows Explorer... It may work on some peopls PC's but not on mine (Win XP) and a lot of other people dont use the newer version either because it doesn't work."

Ah good catch there, my oversight. I did have some luck with very small files, but larger files just won't play for me.

Geoff Murillo May 19th, 2006 09:59 PM

10-Bit Support?

Hello Alain,

I'm very interested in your product. Do you plan to support 10-Bit files in the near future?

-Geoff Murillo

Joe Carney May 22nd, 2006 08:51 AM

How would compare your product to Synthetic Aperture? Besides cost?

Alain Bellon May 22nd, 2006 10:23 AM

Hello All,

The update has taken a bit longer than expected due to the incorporation of a new AVI writing engine. It was a decision we had to make and we decided that it would make sense to introduce it along with the new 24p feature. We are doing the final integration steps.

Geoff, we don't have a date set for support for 10bit files yet.

Joe, I do not know much about synthetic apperture. I assume you are talking about their Color Finnesse product. It looks like a dedicated and advanced color correction application. CinemantiQ's aim is different. CinemantiQ is focused on ease of use and the emulation of certain visual aspects of what has come to be known as "the film look", including color correction, diffusion filters, and soon a 24p converter.

If you are after an advanced color correction system, and know how to operate such a beast, go with Color Finnesse by all means. I would have to say though that not many people need it or know how to take advantage of it. Colorists earn good money for a reason :)

Nick Rinaldi May 22nd, 2006 05:18 PM

Canopus?

Will your product work with the Canopus HQ codec?
How does your pro0duct compare with DVFilm?

Hornady Setiawan June 3rd, 2006 10:40 AM

just want to know CinemantiQ does this features:
- 16 bit processing?
- auto scene detection/spliting?
- openGL accell or CPU+GPU render?

seems to be a great app!

Alain Bellon June 4th, 2006 11:12 AM

Nick,

The codec should not be a problem as long as it is a readable DirectShow codec. I'll try to give you more feedback once I ask the testers about the codec. Regarding the comparison with DV film: CinemantiQ does color processing , lens simulation, etc. DVFilm is just (as far as I know) 24p converter. Once 1.1 version is released you will be able to compare the quality of our 24p converter.

Hornady,

Cinemanti

Alain Bellon June 4th, 2006 11:14 AM

Nick,

The codec should not be a problem as long as it is a readable DirectShow codec. I'll try to give you more feedback once I ask the testers about the codec. Regarding the comparison with DV film: CinemantiQ does color processing , lens simulation, etc. DVFilm is just (as far as I know) 24p converter. Once 1.1 version is released you will be able to compare the quality of our 24p converter.

Hornady,

CinemantiQ is an 8 bit app, for the moment. It will do scene spitting in a future version. It does not use GPU acceleration since the average user benefit was estimated to be marginal. It is pretty fast.

Alexander Benesch June 4th, 2006 06:35 PM

The software seems absolutely impressive. However, I live in PAL-Land and I presume the application is NTSC-only?